Delancer Watch

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
This thread is dedicated to users of DELANCER INTERNET SERVICE and DELANCER CABLE T.V SERVICE to log the dates, times, type of fault (i.e. internet or cable) and areas of No Service. (Please, use separate thread for general complaining).
This way, when we complain about the service and we receive and the usual refusal to discount bills, we can all 'sing off the same hymn sheet'.

#1 28 June 2011 9.30am-11.15am No Internet Service Sosua Abajo

Last edited:

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Thanks for that, Olly. All I know is I pay my $51 U.S Dollars for Internet and 600RD every month for my cable at the Delancer Office.
Again, I ask users of the Delancer Internet and Cable to post the dates, times, type of fault (i.e. internet or cable) and areas of No Service.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Gee - you only pay 600 RDS a month and $51 for internet - You may pay it to Delancer but if you contact the nunbers given on Post No 25 you get much better service as Delancer only pass it on. Did you ever see Lost in Translation - well in this case you are going through two stages of translation - one the technical stuff and two Engilish to Spanish - Spanish to Technical

I hope you read the whole thread too.

Contact ComCast
They worked hard to solve the problems but dont always get it right
Olly

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Olly, again, many thanks for your post. I was trying to help the people of Sosua/Cabarete to get what they pay for when it comes to Cable T.V and Internet. Comcast or Delancer, it really doesn't matter. Every single person I know pays the same way as me, via Delancer. The cable isn't that much better than the internet.
I will continue to log my outages privatly, there is no need to continue with this thread.
As your final quote states "Contact ComCast -They worked hard to solve the problems but dont always get it right" - hardly a confidence boosting statement.

Many thanks Mods

J

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
J&R - try it an see what happens - contact the e-mail address or the tel no for comcast and report back

Olly

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I may be one of the few, but I think that Delancers / Comcast service is excellent. I pay the $99 per month which is for 1.5mb and that's exactly what I get, almost all of the times.

If their service goes down, which is very rarely, I call the office in Sosua and invariably if they can't fix it remotely there will be a technician around the same day to fix it.

Another bonus is that I get an IP address in Fort Lauderdale, which means that I can watch Netflix.