cruise from Rep. Dom

vid809

Jun 28, 2011
has anybody recently taken a cruise out of Republica Dominicana? if so where was the port and which company was used. i remember when i was young my parents went on a cruise from DR with carnival but i guess carnival doesnt port there anymore... cant seem to find it

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

I havn't heard of any cruise lines originating from the DR, although there are quite a few that use Samana as a port of call. All the packages I have seen leave from Florida or Louisiana. You can take a ferry from Santo Domingo to Puerto Rico. That is probably as close as you will come. Good luck.

S

vid809

Jun 28, 2011
yea i guess they dont do it anymore. back in the late 90s you could go in the cruise (which could have been coming from florida) and go to all the virgin islands and back... i dont know what happend with that

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Carnival used to have a cruise that could be boarded and de-boarded in Santo Domingo. The cruise actually started and ended in Puerto Rico, but due to many canadiens who did not want to go through the US territories, a provision was made for them to purchase cruises through the DR. After leaving the DR and arriving in PR you had to leave the ship for 6-8 hours for security and maintenence, then re-board. The rest of the trip was normal. You should check with the cruise lines to see if this type of service is available from the ships that stop in La Romana.

vid809

Jun 28, 2011
Carnival used to have a cruise that could be boarded and de-boarded in Santo Domingo. The cruise actually started and ended in Puerto Rico, but due to many canadiens who did not want to go through the US territories, a provision was made for them to purchase cruises through the DR. After leaving the DR and arriving in PR you had to leave the ship for 6-8 hours for security and maintenence, then re-board. The rest of the trip was normal. You should check with the cruise lines to see if this type of service is available from the ships that stop in La Romana.

yea thats the one im refering to but i guess they dont do it anymore. i already searched carnival.