Unleaded fuel

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Do the gas stations here in the DR sell regular or premium UNLEADED fuel being that most of the vehicles imported from the states use that type of fuel? I can't seem to find that displayed on any of the pumps here, or should I ask for it differently? When you ask the attendants, they don't seem to know!

sush

Mar 9, 2011
well i just say "de la buena" means that is the best they sell here but i dont think we are certain of what is there :)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They only sell unleaded gas. And of course diesel fuel. There is no leaded gas in the DR anymore.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Sin plomo is unleaded and regular is leaded. Octane grades? Dont count on whatever comes out of the pump being exactly that.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sin plomo is unleaded and regular is leaded. Octane grades? Dont count on whatever comes out of the pump being exactly that.

Both regular and premium are unleaded. As I said above there is no more leaded fuel sold in the DR.

The only difference between regular and premium is the octane content.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
If I remember well regular used to be octane 89 and premium 95. Not sure if it's still like that.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
On another note: I have noticed (but can't proof it) that it depends which gas station I go to how much 'rendimiento' I get out of the fuel. I always go to Shell, but in SD the stations that I avoid are: Luperon, San Martin and the ones I am trying to go: Churchill and 27 de Febrero (after the tunnel). Once I asked a attendant what could cause difference in performance and they told me the stations owned by Shell have an additive, while the franchisers don't. No idea if it's true, but their trick worked, I only put gas @ those stations if possible.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
On another note: I have noticed (but can't proof it) that it depends which gas station I go to how much 'rendimiento' I get out of the fuel. I always go to Shell, but in SD the stations that I avoid are: Luperon, San Martin and the ones I am trying to go: Churchill and 27 de Febrero (after the tunnel). Once I asked a attendant what could cause difference in performance and they told me the stations owned by Shell have an additive, while the franchisers don't. No idea if it's true, but their trick worked, I only put gas @ those stations if possible.

No question you need to watch where you buy.....

Me ? Texaco..... but only my local guys in Cabrera/RSJ (same owner)..... the Sosua guys are crooks.

Like everything else Dominicano..... when you find anything good....... keep going back until it changes