Thread: new and improved Punta Cana/Bavaro

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new and improved Punta Cana/Bavaro

Returned from Bavaro and always find improvements in the area. New sidewalks, commercial shopping, and even garbage collection and pickup on the side of the roads. Also noticed new signs about improving the community. I wish they would improve the lighting at night ( also replace burned out bulbs).

Plaza San Juan is great, Amen for Super Polla!

Bus service seems to be better.

Best restaurant in Bavaro is Outside In Restaurant, just past Plaza ElDorado on the way towards the Melia, needs the support of locals during the off season.

Wish the fruit stand would be re-built...

Anybody have any other info as to what is planned for the area?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

We just got back too. Should have gotten together for a drink or dinner! I like the new road signs for el Pulpo Cojo, lol. Tried to go to Outside Inn twice, first time (Sat or Sunday) driving by it looked closed; second time on Tuesday, parked and got out, and it was def. closed... sign posted the hours and they're closed on Tuesday. Was looking forward to that... next time I guess.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnGlenn View Post
    We just got back too. Should have gotten together for a drink or dinner! I like the new road signs for el Pulpo Cojo, lol. Tried to go to Outside Inn twice, first time (Sat or Sunday) driving by it looked closed; second time on Tuesday, parked and got out, and it was def. closed... sign posted the hours and they're closed on Tuesday. Was looking forward to that... next time I guess.
    They are open every day except Tuesday, when they are closed. Hours are from 2:30 Pm to about 10:30 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Outside In Cafe definately worth a taste...great food and good service...nice friendly atmosphere...we were there back in April and sometimes it seems closed as you drive by, however they are open as SKY advised, they are just slow in the low season, and they do need to local support...so have at it, you will not be dissatisfied...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I had Inside Out's homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh pineapple sauce, it was delicious.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that's what I discovered when I walked up to the door and read their hours posted.

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    They are open every day except Tuesday, when they are closed. Hours are from 2:30 Pm to about 10:30 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a heads up. Willem and Anny told me they would soon be changing their day of closure to Sunday. Sorry, I can't remember the exact date it was effective. Will stop in once I return from the US to get a date. Will post if someone else doesn't post before. Don