new and improved Punta Cana/Bavaro

tequila

Oct 24, 2008
Returned from Bavaro and always find improvements in the area. New sidewalks, commercial shopping, and even garbage collection and pickup on the side of the roads. Also noticed new signs about improving the community. I wish they would improve the lighting at night ( also replace burned out bulbs).

Plaza San Juan is great, Amen for Super Polla!

Bus service seems to be better.

Best restaurant in Bavaro is Outside In Restaurant, just past Plaza ElDorado on the way towards the Melia, needs the support of locals during the off season.

Wish the fruit stand would be re-built...

Anybody have any other info as to what is planned for the area?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
We just got back too. Should have gotten together for a drink or dinner! I like the new road signs for el Pulpo Cojo, lol. Tried to go to Outside Inn twice, first time (Sat or Sunday) driving by it looked closed; second time on Tuesday, parked and got out, and it was def. closed... sign posted the hours and they're closed on Tuesday. Was looking forward to that... next time I guess.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
We just got back too. Should have gotten together for a drink or dinner! I like the new road signs for el Pulpo Cojo, lol. Tried to go to Outside Inn twice, first time (Sat or Sunday) driving by it looked closed; second time on Tuesday, parked and got out, and it was def. closed... sign posted the hours and they're closed on Tuesday. Was looking forward to that... next time I guess.

They are open every day except Tuesday, when they are closed. Hours are from 2:30 Pm to about 10:30 PM.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Outside In Cafe definately worth a taste:)...great food and good service...nice friendly atmosphere...we were there back in April and sometimes it seems closed as you drive by, however they are open as SKY advised, they are just slow in the low season, and they do need to local support...so have at it, you will not be dissatisfied...

gilligan

Jun 27, 2011
I had Inside Out's homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh pineapple sauce, it was delicious.

sharkstooth777

Jan 22, 2011
Just a heads up. Willem and Anny told me they would soon be changing their day of closure to Sunday. Sorry, I can't remember the exact date it was effective. Will stop in once I return from the US to get a date. Will post if someone else doesn't post before. Don