Condominiums fro weekly rent in Bavaro/Punta Cuna

Jun 29, 2011
I am looking for a condo to rent in the Bavaro/Punta Cana area for 12 days. Are there any such rentals available on the East Coast of the D.R. for prices that are reasonable ($200-300 per week)?
I have rented condos in such fashion in Sosua, Puerto Plata at very reasonable prices many times, but I'm not familiar at all the La Altagracia area. This'll be my first time there.

sharkstooth777

Jan 22, 2011
Hey Jenna

Check out this link to tripadvisor.com. Keep in mind that Bavaro/Punta Cana covers a large area if you are moving around on foot. You should try and get a place that will be close to the activities or sights which you are coming to experience. I'm currently in the Cortecito area. The beach, numerous restaurants, and a lot of shops within a short walk.

If you see something you like, I would ask the owner/manager if they can provide you a price within your range. Some are wiling to negotiate. Hope this helps Don

Punta Cana Vacation Rentals: Reviews for Rental Homes, Condos and Apartments in Punta Cana - TripAdvisor

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
You will be hard pressed to find something near the beach for less then $80.00-$120.00 per night...you may find something in Veron for that price, but it is NOT close to the beach.:bunny::ermm::bunny:

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Tell them the Country is named after your last name.. and for $200 bucks a week you might find a Haitians construction sleep shack.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
You can also try Home Away dot com. Lots of rentals there, but most vacation rentals walking distance to beach will be a bit more. I just came back, rented a 2 bed 2 bath in a nice complex for $550 / week. be aware that most now also charge a cleaning fee, mine was $60, which I think is high.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
You may also be charged for electric comsumption....and yes the cleaning fee in the amount of $60.00 is high, usually $40.00 for this service, sometime different complex property managers charge cleaning plus an additional fee for linen cleaning, this is perhaps why it was a higher fee for Capt Glenn....its still a reasonable price at $80.00 per night...rent a house a block off the beach in New Jersey and you pay $2,000.00 for the week if not higher....

gilligan

Jun 27, 2011
You can also try Home Away dot com. Lots of rentals there, but most vacation rentals walking distance to beach will be a bit more. I just came back, rented a 2 bed 2 bath in a nice complex for $550 / week. be aware that most now also charge a cleaning fee, mine was $60, which I think is high.

I did the same and $60 cleaning fee was ridiculous considering what the worker gets paid and the fact there was no tp in the condo when I arrived.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Friends of mine were looking for a condo for 1 week and found a nice condo for approx $ 725.oo if I am correct. Has a view of the ocean from the patio. The pictures I saw were nice. Used DR1 rental page for the connection. Not sure of all the details though. I may even drive over to see them. Been awhile since I have been over that way. I am going to ask them about any cleaning fees though.