is it true that i need 31,500$ in an Dominican bank to become a resident in DR

dbogdan83

Jun 20, 2011
Hello all,

I am looking to apply for residency in the DR. i searched around the net and some people are posting that the DR government requires you to have at least 31,500$ in an Dominican bank before you apply.? also what additional steps are needed?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I deposited US$5,000 into the bank to validate my application...... 2008.
Used Guzman Ariza.

You may get conflicting answers here......

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
I obtained my temporary residency last year and there was no requirement for a bank account or deposit. Also used Guzman.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
They asked me for a letter from the Bank. The bank gave a letter that only stated that I have a account with them. And it worked.

Nov 10, 2010
Bull$hit $31000 my a$$

Use guzman

i obtain my permanent residency in 2 steps if i recall

first step cost ( my prices are a little blurry) but around $700 ... 1 year residency card
second step permanent residency around $800

im being honest i cant remember th EXACT prices as i did this process over the last 4 years myself.... but i can tell you it wont cost $31000us

$31000 pigs a$$

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I didn't show any bank letter or had any money in a Dominican account, but my wife is Dominican, maybe other rules apply.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The bank account - in my case - was because I did not own a car or property nor could i show attachment to RD.

So, the suggestion was to open a bank account.

Yes, the costs posted in #6 seem about right...It includes the VIP treatment too.

There was a long discussion a while back about whether you need a cedula to open a bank account---- or you need a bank account to get a cedula.

Believe it or not.... people claimed they could NOT get a bank without a cedula.
My experience was the total opposite.

Life in RD....
When people ask "What do you all day down there?"..... I can't even begin to explain.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Residency Aplication

Back in 2008, the first offer I saw for RD residency was on one of those 'Ex-Pat' sites..... telling you about life in the tropics - residency here and there.

Their cost for the application process was about $2500.
I had no frame of reference..

By the time I finished my (un)due diligence, I had Guzman Ariza's name and the cost was slashed...... plus, I'm ising a firm that has been in business here since 1928 or so.

Seemed like a no-brainer at the time..........................still does.

They did the application, the renewal, the property purchase.... one stop shopping...... from your armchair.

DIY is an option for some..... a good one too....... you need a car, a map, a dictionary...etc, etc, etc

I'm happy.

Jan 17, 2009
I applied in January but still waiting. My lawyer (in Santiago) charged $900 (fees went up a bit since then), but she's providing the required bond deposit. No need for me to open a bank deposit. In any event, when I saw that requirement last year, it wasn't even close to $31,000. Much less; sorry I don't remember the amount.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

I think you are mis- informed. To go the the temporary residency process does not require a bank account, however it wouldn't hurt to open one up. You don't have to be a resident to do this, just an address in the DR.

S

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
If you had no real estate or vehicles registered in your name in the D.R., opening up a bank account used to be the easiest way to meet solvency requirements at the Immigration Department for your residency application; not the case anymore.

Alfredo A. Guzm?n

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Residency Cost

If you had no real estate or vehicles registered in your name in the D.R., opening up a bank account used to be the easiest way to meet solvency requirements at the Immigration Department for your residency application; not the case anymore.

Alfredo A. Guzm?n

Mr. Guzman, can you please tell us the cost your company charges for obtaining ordinary residency as well as the 'express residency' that was mentioned a month ago or so?

Many thanks

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
fixed per applicant fee of US$1,425 for the regular provisional residency, which adding the 16% service tax ascends to a grand total of US$1,653. US$1,885 per applicant for fast track residency.