flax seed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
does anyone know where to buy flax seed? i have tried the big playero in sosua and la sirenas in puerto plata w/no luck

sush

Mar 9, 2011
Really? i find it in Jumbo - san pedro- and in many stores all the time; it is always in stock, try checking the "diet" section if they have one where you go that is where i usually see it.

Jan 17, 2009
I'm pretty sure that I saw flax seed at Playero last week. It was in the back of the store, where the rice and dry beans are; it's a small section of health food.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Really? i find it in Jumbo - san pedro- and in many stores all the time; it is always in stock, try checking the "diet" section if they have one where you go that is where i usually see it.

That's where the Supermercado Nacional branches in Santo Trafficjam stock it.

When I make a sauce or a stew, when I shut off the burner I always add oat bran (salvado de avena) flax seeds (semillas de lino) and sesame seeds (semillas de ajonjoli, the better brand with white seeds, the cheaper brand always has little pebbles mixed in).

Like Il Duce's Italy my trains run on time. :cheeky::laugh:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was pretty sure every supermarket has this. it is called linaza, available in health food section along with soy milk and other "tasty" treats. can buy dark and ligh coloured seeds. also in powdered form, i think.
i buy linaza in jose luis, they always have it.

chinchin

Jun 28, 2011
Are there any stores in the North Coast that have a health food section? Specifically looking for quinoa flour, or brown rice flour, and products made from those.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
la sirena and jose luis have health food sections as mentioned above. i have seen quinoa and brown/wild rice but no fancy flour. just normal white one and some american brand (gold something, gold medal?) of wholewheat.

Henry03

Nov 11, 2002
flax seed

Flax seed, also known as linseed, is available in Costambar at Lucy's spa, c/Pe?on #14
Just ask for linaza. It is quite inexpensive.
H

Status
Not open for further replies.