Cost of security alarm installation

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Need some feedback. I am doing a bit of research whether to buy a security system here in the US and ship it down there, have it installed and monitored. Could anyone give me some feedback on costs for a NEW security system install? I know that it would depend on the number of point/zones/devices needed such as motion sensors, window sensors and the like. But it would be great to have a general idea on what I am looking at for cost. Cheers!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Need some feedback. I am doing a bit of research whether to buy a security system here in the US and ship it down there, have it installed and monitored. Could anyone give me some feedback on costs for a NEW security system install? I know that it would depend on the number of point/zones/devices needed such as motion sensors, window sensors and the like. But it would be great to have a general idea on what I am looking at for cost. Cheers!
I have an English-speaking nephew, a solid citizen, in that business in Santiago and Miami. PM me and I'll pass his information on to you. It's the monitoring that will be a challenge.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I had a look at a system in San Pedro last week, it wasn't what I needed so I didn't buy it but it was 4 cameras and a control unit 21,000 Pesos. I didn't check all the details. FWIW..

El commandante

Oct 17, 2004
Amazon

don't waste your time with the thieves down here. A great working wireless alarm with gsm on amazon will be cheap and you can compare the reviews. don't get suckered by these prices down here. My house is fully alarmed for less than 200.00 dollars.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Do you have a link to the system you used?

don't waste your time with the thieves down here. A great working wireless alarm with gsm on amazon will be cheap and you can compare the reviews. don't get suckered by these prices down here. My house is fully alarmed for less than 200.00 dollars.