Visitor Visa application submitted today

luckyduck

Jun 30, 2011
Ok...so I have read all the posts and absolutely know that the odds are not in our favour, however, my partner applied for a visitor visa to come to canada. We were extremely thorough in our application and we also included a copy of the paid airline tickets...airline tickets to come to canada, and paid airline tickets to return to DR...in fact, when he returns to DR in Sept, myself and my children will fly with him and we will stay for one week so that we can attend a family wedding of his. So he dropped off all of his papers today, along with the fee, etc and they told him to come back next Thursday at 3pm. So I am trying to assess why next thursday? am I reading too much into this, or could it be that they are considering his app? this is going to be a long long week..esp for someone as impatient as me...lol.

Additionally, we were very honest in the invitation letter and provided a lot of detail in the letter

So any feedback...ideas..would be great!!!!

Thanks

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Be positive, and hope for the best, don't think you can do anything else until then.

Good luck!

Celtic Queen

Jun 19, 2010
You purchased his return ticket to/from Canada before getting the TRV? Wow...I hope things go the way you want them to...but also that the ticket is refundable.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
They are less concerned about an airline ticket and in fact advise not to buy one until approved. They are concerned about having substantial personal and financials tie that make a return home certain. That is important.
Best of luck, cross your fingers/toes.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
They need to process his application and when you return next Thursday, you will be in the office with about 30 other people waiting for an answer. If he is accepted, you will get the paperwork there, if not you will get a piece of paper saying he was declined with some real vague reasons why. Also if declined they do not answer questions as to why, they just ask you to leave.

As for buying the airline tickets, I hope you got refundable ones.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Enough with the off topic comments & opinions.

Anyone who doesn't follow the rules of the visa forum will have their posts deleted.

Best of Luck with the application Luckyduck. All you can do is try and hope for a Yes.
Please let us know how it goes on Thursday.

Sangria

luckyduck

Jun 30, 2011
Thanks Sangria...trying to be realistic...but also hoping and hoping that he gets it. As someone said before, nothing ventured...nothing gained.

Are there any stories out there of average individuals who actually got an approved visitor visa? if so, share your happy story

Thanks all!!

luckyduck

Jun 30, 2011
one more question...pls bear with me..lol. I have read a few posts made by various individuals indicating that it easier now to get a TRV to canada. Is this true? how is it that it is easier? is it that more people are being approved? Thanks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes it's true. Not sure of the reasons but we've heard of more people being approved for a visitor visa to Canada lately than years back. I'm particularly interested if a return ticket helps.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. ;)

one more question...pls bear with me..lol. I have read a few posts made by various individuals indicating that it easier now to get a TRV to canada. Is this true? how is it that it is easier? is it that more people are being approved? Thanks

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
I was wondering if anyone could help me also. I am a life long citizen of the USA and have been traveling to the Dominican Republic twice a year for more then 15years and love it there . I have a friend who I have known now for the past 5years, I have been to the families house in cotui and love all of them dearly. My friend has asked me to go to the consulate and give her an invitation to the USA? Is there such a thing? I'm sure she will need a visa but do I extend the invitation to her? Can some one tell me how to go about this invite?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was wondering if anyone could help me also. I am a life long citizen of the USA and have been traveling to the Dominican Republic twice a year for more then 15years and love it there . I have a friend who I have known now for the past 5years, I have been to the families house in cotui and love all of them dearly. My friend has asked me to go to the consulate and give her an invitation to the USA? Is there such a thing? I'm sure she will need a visa but do I extend the invitation to her? Can some one tell me how to go about this invite?

Here is some information:

USA Visitor Visa - Sponsor Documents

The real results will depend upon your friend proving her ties to the DR without a shadow of a doubt.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I was wondering if anyone could help me also. I am a life long citizen of the USA and have been traveling to the Dominican Republic twice a year for more then 15years and love it there . I have a friend who I have known now for the past 5years, I have been to the families house in cotui and love all of them dearly. My friend has asked me to go to the consulate and give her an invitation to the USA? Is there such a thing? I'm sure she will need a visa but do I extend the invitation to her? Can some one tell me how to go about this invite?[/QUOTE

]
more specifically.. your friend .. even if she gets the visa, may need supporting documents
Visitor Visas - Business and Pleasure

Evidence which shows the purpose of the trip, intent to depart the United States, and arrangements made to cover the costs of the trip may be provided. It is impossible to specify the exact form the documentation should take since applicants' circumstances vary greatly.
Those applicants who do not have sufficient funds to support themselves while in the U.S. must present convincing evidence that an interested person will provide support.
Depending on individual circumstances, applicants may provide other documentation substantiating the trip's purpose and specifying the nature of binding obligations, such as family ties or employment, which would compel their return abroad.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
DerFish is unfortunately correct. I did not want to discourage your providing an invitation letter, but for a Dominican it will carry very little weight if any on if they are granted a visitor's visa.