Drives Me Crazy

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Here is a thread to post some of those minor frustrations of living in the DR.

One of mine:

The good news: DR-CAFTA has allowed shelves at supermercados to be stocked with many imported foods packaged in non-Spanish languages, especially English, at good prices.

The frustration: the required large, white label in Spanish with the ingredients, etc., is placed over the instructions and the label can't be pulled off without disintegrating the packaging. So you either guess or have to go online to get the instructons.

Why can't the instructions be put on the new label?

:eek:gre:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I actually worked on that great idea, spend even several hours to make it fit on a very small label for a particular supermarket, but it seems they like the big labels better, don't see the small labels anywhere. The idea behind Spanish labels is good though.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Never bothers neither of us since Belgiank always cook from fresh even his delicious sauces and I bake from scratch and never use prepackaged prepared baking stuff except for the occasional muffins if I have to have a quick sweet urge but actually they all taste like crap anyway, much to artificial stuff in it so gonna stick to baking my own from scratch from now on and sugar urge must wait a little longer then.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Doesn't help either when they don't translate properly. I have in front of me a tin/can of baby clams which clearly state "Product of Thailand" this has been translated as "Product of China" !!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Doesn't help either when they don't translate properly. I have in front of me a tin/can of baby clams which clearly state "Product of Thailand" this has been translated as "Product of China" !!

I try to support the economy by consuming local clams, they tend to be very sweet!

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Even here in Las Terrenas I can't find any local clams otherwise I would too.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Even here in Las Terrenas I can't find any local clams otherwise I would too.