"PICHARDO", & "NALS" Must Be VERY Proud! The DR Is Ranked 2nd. of 139 Countries!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"PICHARDO", & "NALS" Must Be VERY Proud! The DR Is Ranked 2nd. of 139 Countries!

The World Economic Forum ranks the DR 2nd.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATION Presidente Fernandez,and the PLD!!!!!
Oh! 2nd. country in "Wasteful Government Spending" that is!!!!!!
Wonder if the "METRO",and the "5 Star Parking Garage" at La UASD.(Public Univ.) had ANYTHING to do with their choice. Or maybe those "Junkets" all over the World? 55 people in the last trip,first class hotels,private jets,Lobster,but I guess that the DR has a lot of trade with Israel,and the Palestinian Authority!

Meanwhile,here in the DR,people are dying from Cholera!

PATHETIC!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Chris, calm down. The Age of Danilo is upon us, and no doubt all the waste and corruption will go the way of Bosch. He said so.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Not really.

Your right of course although I admit the constant news reports of Leonel's worldwide travels and entourage and failure of the Metro have left a bad taste in my mouth. If it's any consolation (It shouldn't be for a Catholic :) ) I think most of these politicians know they are going to rot in hell.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
The World Economic Forum ranks the DR 2nd.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATION Presidente Fernandez,and the PLD!!!!!
Oh! 2nd. country in "Wasteful Government Spending" that is!!!!!!
Wonder if the "METRO",and the "5 Star Parking Garage" at La UASD.(Public Univ.) had ANYTHING to do with their choice. Or maybe those "Junkets" all over the World? 55 people in the last trip,first class hotels,private jets,Lobster,but I guess that the DR has a lot of trade with Israel,and the Palestinian Authority!

Meanwhile,here in the DR,people are dying from Cholera!

PATHETIC!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Wastefulness of government spending (WEF GlobalCompetitivenessReport 2010-11) | DataPult

It takes a minute or so for the program to load and to have other options.

Thanks C

Feb 7, 2007
Well, the immediate positions before DR are occupied by Brazil and Venezuela. With venezuela I could agree, with Hugos's famous social programs, but Brazil?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Really

What about Haiti and Cuba. Surely they most be more mismanaged than the DR. Maybe there is so much influence from abroad that Haiti is not as corrupt anymore. And maybe Cuba has much less funds to manage that it seems less corrupt.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Papa is looking better everyday now!

Leonel has squandered away his opportunity to really make a positive difference. No question a change is needed.

But change is not the election of the guy during whose administration the generator of the condo where I live was running more than 15 hours a day, where prices increased daily as the peso fell, where public funds were used to build a mansion in Jarabacoa, etc

I know that was almost 8 years ago, but it is still fresh in my mind.

Yes, we need a change, but not with somebody who also squandered his opportunity to lead the country.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Brazil is a very corrupt country with a huge government and a multitude of social programs for those corrupt people to rob from.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I am sure Brazil has corruption. And so does DR. But how can it be worse than Cuba that has had the same government for over 50 years and Haiti that never really gets anywhere despite lots of international help. If Venezuela was not up there at the top in this stats I would have suggested that some specific agenda was behind it. Of course the DR has a lot of problems. But a lot of infrastructure is being bulid. You see changes here at least.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Leonel has squandered away his opportunity to really make a positive difference. No question a change is needed.

But change is not the election of the guy during whose administration the generator of the condo where I live was running more than 15 hours a day, where prices increased daily as the peso fell, where public funds were used to build a mansion in Jarabacoa, etc

I know that was almost 8 years ago, but it is still fresh in my mind.

Yes, we need a change, but not with somebody who also squandered his opportunity to lead the country.
I think Leonel did more harm to this country than all the past presidents combined.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Agree fully. I had high hopes.

The opportunity was squandered.

But the GOOD news, through the power of the internet, it is much more difficult to hide corruption that it used to be.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
For example?
Just look around you. Talk to people. Leonel's travels, big parking lots, worthless holes in the ground (Metro) and the 'let's raise the taxes to pay off these loans" attitude. The country is bankrupt. Whomever replaces him, be it PLD or PRD, are going to have their hands full. At least 20+ years will be required to get this country back on it's feet.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
John Boyter muses

I am sure Brazil has corruption. And so does DR. But how can it be worse than Cuba that has had the same government for over 50 years and Haiti that never really gets anywhere despite lots of international help.

what exactly do you understand corruption to be? so what if they have had the same government for over 50 years? what does that have to do with corruption? how about the fact that they have one of the most advanced medical establishments in the western hemisphere? what about their achievements in education? what about their achievements in the arts? sports?music? public housing? what about the low homelessness figures? low aids numbers? just because they are not all driving Lamborghinis means that they have not gotten ahead? try to remember that they achieved all they did under the US embargo. jeezus.