Why I really really envy Maine Girl

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
It's strawberry season hear in Minnesota too. Strawberries for breakfast every morning. On top of that, it's been warmer in Mpls than Sosua for the past several days. I don't know if that is good or bad. BTW, you've got more reasons to envy Maine Girl than those strawberries;-)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It's strawberry season hear in Minnesota too. Strawberries for breakfast every morning. On top of that, it's been warmer in Mpls than Sosua for the past several days. I don't know if that is good or bad. BTW, you've got more reasons to envy Maine Girl than those strawberries;-)

Ya mean melons ?????????

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I dabble in picking melons myself!
Are those honeydew or canteloupe melons?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Since it is a holiday here my friend (the blonde) and I picked three flats for her mother's bakery to make into strawberry pies. She made jam of the rest.

I would love to try that strawberry pie. I am sure strawberries in the picture smelled like real fruit, not like those frozen from the supermarket. I am sure you, guys, had a lot of fun!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Our recent trip to Denmark made our daughter a convert. Danish strawberries are extraordinary (she didn't remember trying them before, little kids seem to clean out their memories every few months).

OK, so I am envious too. But, on the other hand, is mango season here, and I am sure our strawberries are better than your mangoes. :)

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I liked how the colors of the shirts coordinated with the strawberries too. Who was the fashion director? :)

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Me, I am the fashion director. I grew up picking berries, on my parent's farm (certified organic) we had a strawberry field for some years, and I used to pick for market. You wear pink or red to pick strawberries!

Fresh fruits always trump any other kind! I am looking forward to Dominican tropical fruits!

I still can't believe HB posted this pic!!

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
There is something special about picking and eating berries. It must appeal to our hunter/gatherer instincts! I got out Sunday for the first time this year around my parents' house in NJ and got about 2 pounds of wild "raspberries." (they are actually wineberries an invasive species originally from Asia). I have been eating every moring with Greek yogurt.

I have also fond childhood memories of waking up very early while camping on Mount Desert Island in Maine and picking wild blueberries. There were amazing sloping views of the ocean and after picking my mother would make the best blueberry pancakes.