Travel to Dominican Republic with only a green card?

jennymikee

Jul 3, 2011
I'm a permanent resident of the US, and have no citizenship anywhere (stateless), would I be able to travel to the Dominican Republic (and back) using only my green card?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I'm a permanent resident of the US, and have no citizenship anywhere (stateless), would I be able to travel to the Dominican Republic (and back) using only my green card?

That and a passport, though you may be able to travel without a passport I don't think it worth the headache you go through when trying to return.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
I'm 99.9% sure you need a passport if you fly or either passport or passport card if your traveling by boat or land into the Untied States from anywhere in the Western Hemisphere. This was introduced back in 2009 ?.
Good luck with your court case and getting your brother to Madrid. (He will need a visa for that from the Spanish embassy)

This may help;
Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
* do wish I had read all of this guy's posts first.*
Convicted felon, DUI charge pending, BUT he says he is "stateless" but he has a passport? How can you be stateless and have a valid passport? He has a green card.

You can no longer travel on just a Green Card. You have to have a valid passport, and depending on what country you are from, then you might need a visa...

This sounds like a train wreck to me.
HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
* do wish I had read all of this guy's posts first.*
Convicted felon, DUI charge pending, BUT he says he is "stateless" but he has a passport? How can you be stateless and have a valid passport? He has a green card.

You can no longer travel on just a Green Card. You have to have a valid passport, and depending on what country you are from, then you might need a visa...

This sounds like a train wreck to me.
HB

I agree

SHALENA

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Based on what you have said in all your posts along with the contradictions/lies I do not want you to come here or even be in the US. I am not sure what your schemes are but you sound like a first class oxygen thief where ever you are.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

Short answer...NO!

You won't have to worry about the DR immigration. USCIS won't let you OUT of the country without a passport from somewhere. If you don't show the passport at some time in the the boarding process (usually at several stages of the process) then you will be visited by some nice people from ICE who will want to get to know you really well. You see, when you are under indictment, on trial, etc. it is customary procedure for the Courts to order your passport surrendered to keep our criminals from leaching out into the World at large or simply escaping justice.

You can apply for a travel authorization document (works kind of like a passport) from the UN but many countries won't even consider that as a valid passport. Picked this up on search:

Depending on the circumstances, the UN will issue a travel document, called a laissez-passer, that functions as a passport, although not every country will feel issuing a tourist visa to someone carrying one is a good idea. Sometimes they are refugees, although the UN issued them to Kosovar Albanians in Kosovo due to the political situation there. Sometimes, host countries will issue refugee travel documents to people staying there. The US will issue one if a person who was accepted for asylum or refugee status can't get a passport from their original country. Egypt issued them for the Palestinians in Gaza once upon a time.

As for an individual who renounced, well, that's a very different question. Sometimes a person who renounces one citizenship already has a second one. Sometimes they renounce citizenship to prevent being deported to their original country. So, yes, folks like that are stuck. In the case of the people who didn't want to be deported, that was their intent. If they left the country, they wouldn't be allowed back in. There was a group of people in Israel who did exactly that.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
In one post you had a valid passport, but now you don't. All this information and other is listed in separate posts.

Time for DR1 Robert to step in.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
He (or in one post it was a she) sounds like one of those people who has been banned and then posts on here under other names. I'm not sure at all what that is about, unless it is too much time on one's hands.
\