Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Default One year today since Lambada left us

Today is the first anniversary of the untimely death of Lambada. It seems only a few weeks ago that Grahame told me that Ginnie would not be able to email me or speak to me that day as she was not feeling well. A few hours later, whilst in DR1 chat I received the dreadful news from Rocky that she had passed away.

I still miss her intelligence and humour every day and often come across her insightful posts on DR1. I think her new book, which she wrote with Ilana, will be out shortly and am really looking forward to reading it so that I can hear her voice again and read the words of someone who really understood this country.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today Grahame.

Matilda

2. Likes SKing, Africaida, siegs, rendul, Chirimoya and 3 others liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

She was one classy lady... I was a moderator on another forum with her and Grahame a few years ago, we had some good times back then.

I miss her wit and charm. She always had an Interesting comeback.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The sad reality that we lost Ginnie a year ago was my waking thought this morning. She is missed so much for her exuberance, tenacity, sense of fun and enthusiasm for any worthwhile cause which she addressed. A true friend who will be remembered for always. Love to Grahame x

5. Likes Matilda, anitaemma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems that her wit and intelligence was a mainstay of the forums...she was not tolerant with idiots..

I miss her a lot..

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, a year already. I, too, miss her. In fact, she's in my Favorites list in my emails and I can't seem to take her out - feels good to see her name there when I'm searching the 'g's'. My thoughts are with you today Grahame.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    ...she was not tolerant with idiots..

I miss her a lot..
    HB
    Oh I don't know HB .......... She put up with ME for twenty years!!!

Thank you all for your words & good wishes - Greatly appreciated. Yesterday was hard but the dogs & I have come through this year with the help of some good friends. Bless all of you who have been 'Checking Up on Me' to make sure the staff haven't topped me for any additional inheritance money they think they may get (Actually as usual I jest - I list THEM as part of the team that have seen me through this past year).

Now it is Onwards & Upwards. SWMBO wants me to get on with my life & do something worthwhile!!

Thanks again ~ GW.

9. Likes wuarhat liked this post