One year today since Lambada left us

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Today is the first anniversary of the untimely death of Lambada. It seems only a few weeks ago that Grahame told me that Ginnie would not be able to email me or speak to me that day as she was not feeling well. A few hours later, whilst in DR1 chat I received the dreadful news from Rocky that she had passed away.

I still miss her intelligence and humour every day and often come across her insightful posts on DR1. I think her new book, which she wrote with Ilana, will be out shortly and am really looking forward to reading it so that I can hear her voice again and read the words of someone who really understood this country.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today Grahame.

Matilda

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
She was one classy lady... I was a moderator on another forum with her and Grahame a few years ago, we had some good times back then.

I miss her wit and charm. She always had an Interesting comeback.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
The sad reality that we lost Ginnie a year ago was my waking thought this morning. She is missed so much for her exuberance, tenacity, sense of fun and enthusiasm for any worthwhile cause which she addressed. A true friend who will be remembered for always. Love to Grahame x

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It seems that her wit and intelligence was a mainstay of the forums...she was not tolerant with idiots..

I miss her a lot..

HB

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Wow, a year already. I, too, miss her. In fact, she's in my Favorites list in my emails and I can't seem to take her out - feels good to see her name there when I'm searching the 'g's'. My thoughts are with you today Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
...she was not tolerant with idiots..

I miss her a lot..
HB

Oh I don't know HB .......... She put up with ME for twenty years!!!

Thank you all for your words & good wishes - Greatly appreciated. Yesterday was hard but the dogs & I have come through this year with the help of some good friends. Bless all of you who have been 'Checking Up on Me' to make sure the staff haven't topped me for any additional inheritance money they think they may get (Actually as usual I jest - I list THEM as part of the team that have seen me through this past year).

Now it is Onwards & Upwards. SWMBO wants me to get on with my life & do something worthwhile!!

Thanks again ~ GW.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hi all. We’re finally coming back to visit after a good few years. Hubby and I have been talking about the things we want to do, that are important to us. One of them is to pay our respects to Ginnie and Graham who were an integral part of our journey and who alway showed kindness and support. Ginnie even visited us here in UK and brought gifts for our baby Joshua, who is now 15. Does anyone know where they were laid to rest?

Many thanks in advance x

Reactions: Lucifer

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
No, but I would also like to know. Ginnie was a dear and very caring friend who helped with lots of situations we experienced here and Grahame was a love too!

Reactions: Saskia and Lucifer

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I would guess that Ginnie (Lambada) and Graeme(Bushbaby) were cremated as is the custom when a foreigner passes away here.

I don't know if there is a memorial place for them.

Reactions: Saskia
Aug 21, 2007
They were two great people! Ginnie was so smart and knew everything about the DR. I thank her for helping us to settle here so many years ago. And Graham was also a dear.