Supermercado Alale

Mike_n_Val

Dec 24, 2010
Anyone know what's going on with Alale? I went there a couple days ago and all their coolers and freezers were empty, then I went by there again the other day and it was closed at a time they would normally be open... Although I don't do alot of shopping there it's certainly better than Cicocella in El Dorado

Mike_n_Val

Dec 24, 2010
Also I haven't been by there in a few days but the last time I went by during the day they were closed but the front door was open a bit and I was able to see that all the shelves were empty. I'm thinking out of business or that they are doing some kind of major renovations.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
We are not in country, however that is one of the quick stops we make by foot being we are between Alale and Ciccobella. Lets hope its just a renovation. Anytime I have been there over the years they have had good rotation of product and the store is always busy...
~Thanks for the info~
Keep me posted as things develop.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
In June they had a problem of flooding inside ... maybe thats why you saw it some days closed.
I agree, much better than the overpriced Ciciolella one ....

Mike_n_Val

Dec 24, 2010
Have you been there in the last few days? Is it re-opened now? I know I saw a pump one day pumping water off the second level before they closed it up but I didn't think it was that serious.

Mike_n_Val

Dec 24, 2010
Took a walk by today to see if it has re-opened and it has not. The shutters were down and no sign or anything saying how long they'll be shut down or anything of the sort.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
mmmmm that does not sound good ...
anyway not in Bavaro now, will be back in 3 months, hope it is already opened again ...

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
any news about it???? it is already opened the supermarket? if not, anyone knows if they are doing any revamp inside?
cheers.