To Melissa--Canadian in Jail

J

Joey

I confess to knowing little about the Dominican criminal justice system. From what I've read, your brother has been in custody for about a year and was caught red-handed attempting to smuggle cocaine into the country----seems to me they've got him dead to rights. If so, why is he having a trial--- why doesn't he save everyone a lot of time, trouble, and money, and acknowledge his guilt, lick his wounds and get on with his sentence.
As the saying goes "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime"

L

Larry

I agree with you, the only thing I see a trial doing is lining the pocket of some lawyer. Even if he were here in America or Canada, his being found guilty is a foregone conclusion.

M

Melissa

Joey,

He has confessed to the crime, they did not intend on selling the drugs in the country they were there to take a connecting flight.

J

Joey

Melissa,you miss the point---even in the dominican republic surely it does not take a year to enter a guilty plea and be sentenced--what is he waiting for-he could have begun serving his sentence almost a year ago.
By the way, where was that connecting flight headed---where did he intend to sell the drugs--if it was headed to Toronto then I thank God that he was caught in the Dominican Republic where drug smugglers are dealt with as they should be

M

Melissa

He was headed to Spain. It does take time to enter a guilty plea, they have been to court 3 times.. . . .

E

ECH, M.D.

And he is going to do SOME HEAVY DUTY TIME. More so than if he had murdered someone.He will be a much older man when he gets out and hopefully a wiser one...

M

Melissa

He was not going into the country to traffic drugs. He was taking a connecting flight to Spain. The drugs were not his, but yes they were found on him. Anyways, he does not have a lawyer.
melissa

D

Duck

Melissa

Changing planes in that country with drugs is ....

TRAFFICING DRUGS ...

in that country. Sorry.

E

ECH, M.D.

You either think I am very naive or stupid or both. And I resent it. Really, only changing planes with 8 pounds of cocaine and he is not trafficking in drugs. I don?t care WHAT country he is in?.he is a drug trafficker ?and has been caught red handed in the act. Do you really have the naivet? to think someone traffics in drugs only when they consummate a sale.
And then you go on to say?.he does NOT have a lawyer.
All I can say??there are some deep problems here?..more than anyone on this board can solve I fear.
If this whole bizarre story is true?..I have the feeling that you and he are in way over your heads and in fact drowning in your lack of common sense.

G

gringo

Canadian in Jail

Please let this thread die. We cannot do anything to change such a clear and open-ended case of terminal stupidity. The guy is getting what he deserves. I'm sick of his crap winding up in my nieghborhood! Good bye and good riddence!

S

Sue

Re: Canadian in Jail

I posted a similar message a couple of days ago but my message was deleted. Go figure.

M

Melissa

I am sorry that you're feeling that way! Yes, he was trafficing drugs! Not with the intent to sell to the D.R.! I don't think you are naive. . . . . .

M

Melissa

Re: Canadian in Jail

You said it! He did wrong and he is going to pay, this shit was not intended for your country.
good bye

G

gringo

Attempted narcotrafficking in Spain IS A CRIME!

O.K. Not the DR but Spain... let's contact the Spanish authorities and he can serve some additional time for attempted trafficking in Spain after he's done his DR time! Good MOVE Melissa!

G

gringo

Attempted narcotrafficking in Spain IS A CRIME!

O.K. Not the DR but Spain... let's contact the Spanish authorities and he can serve some additional time for attempted trafficking in Spain after he's done his DR time! Good MOVE Melissa!