Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Fish

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fresh Fish

Hi everyone: I'm looking for recommendations on where to buy fresh fish PC area. I did have similar posting here last year. Has anyone bought fish in Nacional? I used to buy somewhere off a road near Veron. Thanks for any suggestions.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i would like to know my self were to buy some salmon around the sosua area

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, an island the size of RD with a tremendous coast line and can't find fresh fish ? this could be a real problem or opportunity depending on how it is packaged no ?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck T View Post
    wow, an island the size of RD with a tremendous coast line and can't find fresh fish ? this could be a real problem or opportunity depending on how it is packaged no ?
    you might laugh or find it unbelievable, but it is a challenge to find nice, fresh fish here. Almost all is frozen, and the selection is very limited. The fresh fish in La Sirena in POP I do not really trust as the smell is awful.

We buy our fish from a fisherman called, and do not laugh, Johnny Pescador. You order the day before and he tries to deliver. Good prices, as fresh as can be and he is punctual...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not many fish, Chuck, badly overfished.

Wait until you see guys selling carp on the side of the road. Carp. To eat.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Not many fish, Chuck, badly overfished.

Wait until you see guys selling carp on the side of the road. Carp. To eat.
    Carp is bait ! lol

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Carp is bait ! lol
    Shame on you, my father used to fish on carp, very nice fish to eat

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I Don't Want To "CARP" Here,BUT.......

The Asians love their carp.My 1st. wife was Thai.Great curried carp. I used to go to a lake near our house in Boston,when a fisherman hocked a big carp,I just asked,and they gave me all I could eat! Same with the eels!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It is indeed remarkable how little good fresh fish is available in the supermarkets on the north coast. Virtually all of the fish sold in Janet's or Playero is imported with the possible exception of Parrot fish.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    The Asians love their carp.My 1st. wife was Thai.Great curried carp. I used to go to a lake near our house in Boston,when a fisherman hocked a big carp,I just asked,and they gave me all I could eat! Same with the eels!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    carp and eel...to die for...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast