2 foreigners killed in Bavaro

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
How sad! More likely they moved to retire just to find death on Paradise....It sucks...

Last edited:

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
when 2 people get killed, there should be a local outrage and demand for an investigation, this should never be allowed to slip under the rug, if the police can harass hookers, let them spend some energy solving real crime, a tragic crime.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
This is so tragic and devastating...just a nice couple starting the second half of their lives together in what they thought was paradise, to only have it tragically cut short....my thoughts and prayers for the family.:(

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
From the Latin American Herald Tribune for our English speaking friends:
Two men shot a Cuban-American couple to death in the tourist enclave of Bavaro, in the eastern Dominican Republic, and then stole items from their house, the National Police reported Monday.

The incident occurred Sunday night when the two men, who are being sought by police, entered the couple?s residence located in the Villa Noboa sector of Bavaro, killed the pair and then stole items they found in a strongbox.

Agustin Siner Noboa, 56, and his wife Milagros Caridad, 57, died from hemorrhagic shock and multiple gunshot wounds in the torso and abdomen after they were attacked by the unknown criminals.

Police said in a communique that the killers left a son of the victims and a 32-year-old Haitian man identified as Miguel Jose, locked up inside the house and evidently did not otherwise harm them.

Police also said they are checking out multiple suspects in the double murder.

Seems odd they locked up the son and another guy and then kill the couple. But then again... since when is there any logic behind such a violent crime?

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
So it looks like the crime-wave has reached Bavaro now too!
There goes the good life!

A single crime does not make it a wave. Can you please tell me what other violent crimes have happened recently? (A serious question... I'm not being snarky). I've lived here over 2 years and the only murder I can think of is the Canadian guy that was killed by other Canadians.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
where is don p

he can give you more stats (I m not being snarky either)
Manu

Jul 4, 2010
...eems odd they locked up the son and another guy and then kill the couple. But then again... since when is there any logic behind such a violent crime?

Odd is putting it lame. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge of criminology and forensics would know that in this crime there's more involved than robbery.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
It was in Pueblo Bavaro. And the locals in the area are already stating the Guy had a "bad business".. whatever that means..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
People In The DR Are Murdered EVERYDAY!

Most by people they know,and once loved!
56 women so far this year alone!
Most go unnoticed,except by those of us who read Dominican newspapers,and watch "The News" on Dominican TV stations.
The type of crime we are talking about here usually has an "Agenda".
Usually drug related,or what Dominicans call "Ajustar la Cuenta",(Adjusting The Bill),relating to a business deal gone bad.
No need to have a "Rush-To-Judgement" here,EXCEPT that that is sooooooo common on DR1.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I agree with CC. THere is almost always more to this then meets the eye. One thing - be very very careful who you associate with. Be very very careful who sees inside your house. Often it is not the people you know but they people they know who cause problems.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
A single crime does not make it a wave. Can you please tell me what other violent crimes have happened recently? (A serious question... I'm not being snarky). I've lived here over 2 years and the only murder I can think of is the Canadian guy that was killed by other Canadians.

I was referring to the "wave of crime" that is taking place in the rest of the DR; we, in Bavaro, were until now outside this. Next time I will choose my words very cautious...or better not post at all.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I was referring to the "wave of crime" that is taking place in the rest of the DR; we, in Bavaro, were until now outside this. Next time I will choose my words very cautious...or better not post at all.

And as far as I can tell we are still outside of the crime wave. That's why I was asking. I'm not necessarily privy to all that happens here in the East. I keep to myself and don't read the newspapers. I just go but what little I hear of or read about in the forums.

Friend of Novoa

Jul 5, 2011
Agustin was in no way involved in any illegal activity. I know him personally and he is an honest person. Look hard at the guy "locked" in the other room and his 2 robber friends.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Zealotry

It states that they have (3) suspects in custody....has anyone heard anything further about the suspects? dominican, Haitian?? :ermm:

They always arrest somebody:
"....para fines de investigaci?n, de un vigilante privado de nacionalidad haitiana que laboraba en el lugar"
"Por el hecho hay varias personas detenidas."

I do hope they catch the real culprits.

donP

mg1110

Sep 24, 2005
Agustin and Millie Novoa were good hard working people, loved by their friends and neighbors in Pueblo Bavaro and in Miami. Look at their Facebook page. They were killed by 2 dominicans, not haitians. Their son, 17 yrs old, is devastated and under medical care in Miami; his sister, 20 yrs old was taking summer courses in the university and didn't join the family for the summer vacation like they did twice a year. The family is shattered by this violent crime. Some friends that live in DR had told them about the burglaries, poisoning of dogs to enter a home, and yes, persons killed for a few pesos but they loved DR and didn't wanted to hear this. This things that all know but are not mentioned because Bavaro is a tourist area and anything like that keeps tourism away. The Novoas loved DR and on every trip brought toys, clothes, etc to distribute among the poor. Their plan was to relocate when reaching the age of retiring. There was no drug business involved here and the son was not involved. It is incredible how people come to conclusions and judge without knowing! I'm glad to be out of there.... saw too much.... went through too much... it was all a dream sold to us, not a reality and it was very sad to open our eyes. Glad we were able to leave on time and very sorry for these couple that will be missed by their friends and family.