Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lap band surgery

Does anybody know the current price range for lap band surgery here in the DR? It is for a Dominican friends wife.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

chip, it depends on where and by whom. also what procedure exactly will the doctor recommend.
    my aunt, who also happens to be a very respected plastic surgeon not only does these operations but also had it done herslef. worked like a miracle, i must say.
    a friend had it done few weeks ago in SD, i shall ask her how much was it.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, the girl who did it just few weeks ago paid 11.000 dollars. bear in mind two things: she is very rich so she'd use the best clinic/doctors. she is also affiliated somewhat with private clinicisc associacion so she got a nice discount. so this 11k would make an average price, more or less...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    ok, the girl who did it just few weeks ago paid 11.000 dollars. bear in mind two things: she is very rich so she'd use the best clinic/doctors. she is also affiliated somewhat with private clinicisc associacion so she got a nice discount. so this 11k would make an average price, more or less...
    Wow that's very expensive for The DR IMO. For that money I would get it done in The US, where if something goes wrong you can at least sue your doctor plus the level of care is much better. Not sure how much it is in The US, but I would dare say it's not that much more expensive. I'm surprised to see it costs that much.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

my thoughts exactly but apparently this is a normal price.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

JD Jones has it right....many lose tons of weight..."no pun intended he he"...over time they do gain it back without the proper education and follow up to the surgery, the surgery alone is not the answer, the stomach will stretch back, the band sometimes slips, it need adjustment frequently. There is a need for counciling, Nutritionist and dietician monitoring as well. Gastric bypass surgery is the permanant answer, however I have heard some gain back this weight as well.

They wouldn't call it a "Losing Battle" if it were not true....Good Luck to your wife's friend....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    I would get it done in The US, where if something goes wrong you can at least sue your doctor.
    Welcome to America!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EverythingJeff View Post
    Welcome to America!!
    We Dominicans are quick leaners Seriously though in the DR if something goes wrong there's no recourse, so unless the difference in price is at least double I wouldn't get it done down there.

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend you to go for quality lap band surgery. never compromise with health on money.

lap band surgeon in chicago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast