Blood group B+ needed for child's heart operation in Santo Domingo. URGENT

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Little Grabiela Davis, 2 years old, needs an open heart operation to close the 2 holes in her heart with which she was born.
Operation will take place next week at Plaza de la Salud, Santo Domingo
The family is looking for more blood donors of blood type B+ by July 9th at the latest
I checked the DR1 blood donor list, but did not find anyone from the capital listed with B+

If you can help, or if you know anyone who can, please call the mother Esmeralda Ramirez at 809-919-7874 or send me a private message.
Thank you very much!

Bartolomeo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What a shame, I wish I were in SD to help out, I'm B+

Hopefully someone will come forward very soon.

I have a cousin born with holes in his heart - he had that surgery about 55 years ago when it was even scarier, and he's a grandfather now. Please tell the mom she has my prayers.

AE

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Me too.....such a shame, I am also B+
I would do it in a heartbeat if I were there.
:-(

SHALENA

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Hi Olly, if you read my post till the end you would have seen that I went throught the DR1 blood donors: noone from santo domingo listed has B+
It's a good thing you posted the link to the donor list once again, as only a small number of DR1 residents in the DR have posted their blood group up to now.
Bart

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Yes - I am sorry but it is good to keep your needs at the top of the list. You might want to poll those people that are of the right blood group as some might be willing to help even though they dont live in Santo Domingo

Hope it all goes well

HTH

Olly

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Little Grabiela was successfully operated 2 days ago. Enough blood donators were found to help her.
regards,
Bart