Payment plans for items ranging from 18k pesos to 50k pesos?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
We will be receiving some laptops during the next few days, so I wanted to offer 1-year payment plans and see if we could sell them faster.

What would be the easiest, no-hassle way to offer a customer some type of payment plan where the customer would make a down payment, take the item and then continue with the monthly payments?

How does Cecomsa do it? For a netbook that they're selling for about USD$315 do they take the hit if the customer decides not to pay anymore?

Thanks.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Financing is farmed out. I doubt Cecomsa does the financing.

Find a third party financeria to work with. Otherwise, I'll order 20 laptops, please...:D

And if you have to ask you shouldn't be in the business.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
But they will likely not touch you if you are not a legal company with some years of track record behind you!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Live By The Following Rule In The DR.

NEVER,NEVER,EVER,give anything to a Dominican,before you have FULL PAYMENT in your hand!

Then count your fingers!

Dominicans don't pay for anything,once they have it!

Be Warned!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Except for all the Dominicans that Chip knows,that is! :p

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for the posts.

What about smaller prestamistas? At one point someone suggested Mr. Prestamos.

We are registered with the RNC, but due to the people that we usually sell to, I don't think financial institutions aren't the way to go.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
NEVER,NEVER,EVER,give anything to a Dominican,before you have FULL PAYMENT in your hand!

Then count your fingers!

Dominicans don't pay for anything,once they have it!

Be Warned!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Except for all the Dominicans that Chip knows,that is! :p

I don't know Chris, your experiences here carry further then mine but I do not see why there should be always such a generalization.
We bought 4 batteries for a very poor Dominican family and agreed upon fractional payments whenever they could. That was 4 months ago and the total sum has been paid back in full already.
We sold a dog to a very good Dominican friend who has good financial means and after a year we have not yet been paid but he is a very good friend so we are confident that he will pay.

Acira

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Better Not

We will be receiving some laptops during the next few days, so I wanted to offer 1-year payment plans and see if we could sell them faster.
Of course you will sell them faster... :bunny:

But then it may be very difficult to get the outstanding money. :tired:

Dominicans have ways to collect money from fia(d)o transactions: Quite often I see a pickup with several motos in the back, collected from non-payers... there is always one guy in the cabin who looks bad and has a Glock in his belt.

YOU cannot do that...

donP

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I guess a payment plan is out of the question.

I just remembered I had posted a similar question several months back when we were opening the store, and the replies were a little bit more optimistic. Several members suggested a prestamista, and someone suggested "Mr. Prestamos". Link

Isn't a prestamista a possible option?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
You may want to make a deal with a prestamista that when you have a client they finance it directly with the client. Then you get your money up front. BUT my guess is they will want a discounted price.... etc etc. ONe option is to run your own financing - rates are very high here - in 90 days if no payment then you can walk in and take your equipment back - IF you can find it. Now hiring the right dominican to work in collections might get you some success. Then again it is a dangerous business.