Office Depot coming to the Dominican Republic

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
During a lunch break from a meeting the other day in the Capital, one of the principals at the meeting and I were talking about everything in general when he told me that they (a group of investors connected with Banco Popular) had completed an agreement to bring "about 5" Office Depot stores to the DR. He hinted that they would begin in the capital and expand based on the success of the first store. I couldn't get any more information from him as time was short but will post if I have any other news. Anyone else heard of this? Pichardo?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
They have been here for a long while now, just not as you know it in the US or elsewhere they opened stores!

They approached the DR under their Business Solutions Division (BSD) for Global Business Development (GBD). The director of the approach is Stephanie Fuller, a Dominican native with ample experience to boot in the LA markets.

The difference is that they serve B2B and management solutions to local large biz like Leon Jimenez, Brugal, Presidente, etc...

I was not aware of any agreement with a local biz or that they intended to open up shop under their own banner here, that's a surprise for me! Given how they pivot on their value and cost effective offerings for their stores, is weird that they would do so without first trying to link with a local importer...

You can drop her an e-mail to find out if it's true or not, about their store in the DR:

stephanie.fuller@officedepot.com

Be courteous on your e-mail please!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
This is her at a Czech Republic biz seminar where Office Depot was present for the US:

193369_14922_Business_seminar_web_1.jpg

stephanie.jpg

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I used to use their service back in Europe when I had my Internet businesses but we are talking about office supplies so nothing really special about that.