Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Girls Drowned in Hotel Pools

Sosúa / Cofresi
    Within a few days only two girls (11, 7) drowned in hotel pools.

MUERE AHOGADA MENOR DE 7 AÑOS EN PISCINA HOTEL CASA MARINA SOSUA
    MENOR SANTIAGUENSE SE AHOGA EN PISCINA DE COFRESI, PUERTO PLATA

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Don for your almost daily "positive" news report. You must be bored pobre carajito!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    Sosúa / Cofresi
    Within a few days only two girls (11, 7) drowned in hotel pools.

MUERE AHOGADA MENOR DE 7 AÑOS EN PISCINA HOTEL CASA MARINA SOSUA
    MENOR SANTIAGUENSE SE AHOGA EN PISCINA DE COFRESI, PUERTO PLATA

donP
    Why GIRLS?
    It was one girl. not 10 as you expected

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It is very very sad that 2 girls drowned. Where were the parents when these two girls were swimming?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Parents' Fault?

Quote Originally Posted by DMV123 View Post
    It is very very sad that 2 girls drowned. Where were the parents when these two girls were swimming?
    Obviously children can drown easily and in those very few minutes when parents are distracted or absent.
    These cases are not as rare as one would hope.
    [VIDEO] Mueren dos menores ahogados en piscinas de hoteles del país

Maybe surveillance cameras ought to be installed in order to avoid such tragedies.
    But then, who would monitor the monitors?
    Guess, it is the parents' fault mainly.

donP
    Last edited by donP; 07-10-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Its every parents nightmare I guess. When in LA we went to the top of the building to get a fresh dip in the swimming pool and when we just came up we saw a young boy trapped in one of those tire things in rubber, he had dropped in with his bump first so was pretty much stuck with his feet sticking up and when trying to escape which was fairly impossible, the tire tilted putting his head under water. Must have happened in a fraction of a second and just when we came up so the boy had no chance to yell, he was in panic. I yelled and was ready to jump in but the father who was reading his newspaper at the edge of the swimming pool rushed in to get his son out. There were other people swimming but they didn't notice it because they were swimming theirselves or talking to each other at the edge of the swimming pool.

After that we sworn if we would ever have children we only go to swimming pools and area's that are under surveillance of a pool master(s). That was scary to watch!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i would never notice a drowning kid. i have seen dominican children in pools: they do totally crazy stuff. it's very hard to tell what is not a joke
    very sad. my friend from POP lost her little brother to drowning too.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i would never notice a drowning kid. i have seen dominican children in pools: they do totally crazy stuff. it's very hard to tell what is not a joke
    very sad. my friend from POP lost her little brother to drowning too.
    I know its not the case I think to have pool masters at swimming pools here and certainly not in rivers but pool masters will give children who act to crazy in the water, a warning to calm down a bit. Sorry about your friends loss.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the key is to teach kids how to swim. AND to be able to swim yourself. how would you be able to save your child if you cannot swim?
    when i was learning to swim - at ripe age of 29 - my class was full of kids, including those who could not even walk. they put me to shame...

10. Likes Major448, Chirimoya, Rattus_Rattus, beeza liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats true dv8, my father insisted at our locacl community swimming pool that I was to be learned how to swim properly at the age of 4 despite the fact that officially they only teach as from the age of 6. It took not much convincing the head swimming master, although some dispute, so my father just let me go and the first thing I did was just jump into the deep end of the pool.
    After doing that a couple of times to convince the teacher that it was no coincidence, I was taught how to swim properly at the age of 4. Both my parents are also very good swimmers.

But still then after learning how to swim properly, my father kept a very close eye on me and so did the pool master because kids will be kids and sometimes my own fault but often the fault of other bigger children, I went under a few times.

Other example how stupid and quick something like that goes : stephdaughter, 5 years old, cannot swim yet, has already a bit basic, insists on going on the steps in the water at a waterpark where the big tube comes out to see better how people are yelling when they fly out of that tube. Since she was standing on the steps and not swimming, she had not protection on her arms. She takes one step further and blup blup...there she went under and stayed under...her father jumped in immediately with his clothes already on...stupid of us? Sure but who would have ever thought that she would take a step further...hmm

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast