Dominican Republic Owl Conservation Project

A

Ashey faced owl

Thes Ashey Faced Owls are at Zoodom in Santo Domingo. If you get a chance go and see them. They are now being shown to the children at summer camp. If you are interested in joining our project to teach children that these Owls are not demons, but good for the local farmers as they eat the rats and mice in the fields. We are going to have the first field research done into where these owls are in Hispaniola and also to train the first Ornithologist to carry out these studies in Dominican Republic. He will also get the opportunity to be paid to go to University to study Ornithology.
Our website will be up and running soon www.drocp.com and our e mail is info@drocp.com so please join us in finding and supporting this Project.
Thanks

Attachments

• Anna5.jpg
    Anna5.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 247
  • Anna7.jpg
    Anna7.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Anna8.jpg
    Anna8.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 167
  • SAM_0022.jpg
    SAM_0022.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 166
  • P1200950.jpg
    P1200950.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 159
A

Ashey faced owl

Fundraising

Dear Supporters
Thanks so much for your remarks, if you have any ideas or can add this to your networking sites I would reallu appreciate it. Also I am trying to set up a pay pal account for fundraising but of course I live in the UK and travel to DR about 3 times a year. Any ideas? Always use our e mail info@drocp to help us.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Here is research on where the owls are found:
1. Usually in trees or flying ( mostly hunting for food at night )
2. Usually in areas where there are plenty of trees
3. Usually in agricultural areas where they find the rodents they like to eat.
Just saved you thousands of Pesos that now can be used for something else.

Re: conservation.. are these owls on an endangered species list ? How many are there in the DR ?
You really have not made a justifcation for anyone to donate to your cause, other than that they are birds.