Cot/Starter bed and other childrens items Wanted!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi Everyone

I am looking for a Cot for my 2 month old daughter who is rapidly growing out of her bassinet, Ideally i would like one of the cots that converts into a starter bed when they are a bit bigger but i realize this will be harder to come by. I have shopped around but they are very expensive here and thought it is the kind of thing that people have for a short time and then sell or give away, so i am appealing to the DR1 mums and dads ha ha.

I very stupidly gave away my older daughters cot to a family member and then discovered i was pregnant 2 months later...doh!

I am also looking for a travel cot, play pen, baby gym, playmats etc. Luckily i kept my nice stroller and high chair.

Thanks

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Ikea is good and cheap for these things. We got all our daughters stuff from Ikea, hell it was worth the money just for the funny arguments we had putting the stuff together.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Ikea is good and cheap for these things. We got all our daughters stuff from Ikea, hell it was worth the money just for the funny arguments we had putting the stuff together.

ha ha, Years ago i worked for M.F.I in the UK, We used to call it Made.for.Idiots but i still managed to have a temper tantrum every time i had to put something together (which was often because they used to target me for these things to supply them with a days worth of entertainment).

I am 3 hours away from IKEA and allthough it had crossed my mind, i just know i will go in there for a Cot and come out having spent stupid amounts of money...It sounds far too tempting and dangerous for me!

Can you shop online at IKEA here?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Can you shop online at IKEA here?

I have never noticed IKea home delivery trucks on the road anywhere, so I can't say either way, check out the website.
The bedrooms in Ikea are gorgeous, I love the low modern touch beds they have, I love Ikea, even the chips in the canteen are the best in the country, like the soggy school chips we used to get, yum!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Listin Diario Clasificados??? They always have good deals...And if you have to come to Santo Domingo anyway???

HB

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I have never noticed IKea home delivery trucks on the road anywhere, so I can't say either way, check out the website.
The bedrooms in Ikea are gorgeous, I love the low modern touch beds they have, I love Ikea, even the chips in the canteen are the best in the country, like the soggy school chips we used to get, yum!

Plenty of trucks of Ikea delivering on the NC... Just a question, if anybody near Sosua orders anything to be delivered by Ikea... could you include a bag of their delicious Swedish meatballs? Thanks

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
What we did was use the internet to find pictures (many dimensionalised) of what we wanted then we got a local ebonista to make them for us. The last thing we bought was a child's desk combined with seat,painted RD$2000.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
La Sirena has a bed for children with collapsing sides in today's newspapers for less than RD$5500. Less than $5,000 if memory serves.

HB

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Have a had a quick look online at IKEA and they have a few things, need to spend a bit longer on there really...allthough i have already spent about 50,000 pesos in my head!! ha ha

The cots are a bit boring looking and they dont seem to have the ones that convert but cant have everything i suppose, I love the posh sleigh type beds but apart form spending 20,000+ on a bed which seems just stupid i think i will have to settle for the boring ones.

If anyone does now of anyone having a clear out i would love to know, Im not trying to be cheap but with kids stuff especially toys and play equipment they grow out of it so quickly it seems a waste to buy everything new and if it helps someone get rid of a few things and make a few pennies i am all for it.

Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!! Old West Virginia saying.

Listin Diario Clasificados
La Sirena
Less than 5000DOP

HB