Missing Uncle

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Don't know the policy on this - but we've seemed to have lost an uncle .... They went to Santo Domingo Este for a funeral service and he wandered off on his own. And now he's lost. So, I'm posting the newspaper article - if anyone hears or knows anything, let me know, please!

Un hombre de 52 a?os, identificado como Emiliano Garc?a Marte, se encuentra desaparecido desde el pasado domingo 11 de este mes, denunciaron sus familiares.

Garc?a residente en el municipio Cabrera, en la provincia Mar?a Trinidad S?nchez, se extravi? en el sector Las Palmas de Herrera, en el municipio Santo Domigno Este, mientras participaba en un novenario de un pariente.

La familia del desaparecido dijo que han visitado varios destacamentos y hospitales del Distrito Nacional y la provincia Santo Domingo en su b?squeda sin obtener ning?n resultado.

Cualquier informaci?n que permita dar con el paradero de Garc?a puede ser dada a sus familiares a trav?s de los tel?fonos n?meros (809) 249 1434 y (809) 303-1476.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
sad news on this front.

uncle milito was found dead in Las Americas in Santo Domingo - still don't have the whole story.
It's been a tragic week for us.

Milito's dead and a student I used to teach died iin a car accident outside of SD.

Disaster comes in groups, huh?

sush

Mar 9, 2011
Very sorry to hear that... i hope the family can get some answers about what happened.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Santo Domingo Este: The meanest part of the entire country!! The pits, the cesspool of everything we do not want.

I say the first and second article in the press. I am sorry for your family. It is a tragedy..Paz a sus restos.

HB

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Please accept my deepest condolences. How sad for all of you. May you find some peace in the midst of your difficulties.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Sorry to hear about your loss..But, what I find strange is that Las Palmas de Herrera is near Las Caobas and that is in Santo Domingo Oeste ( west) and you say he was found in Las Americas, which Is across the river on the eastern side, many miles away.
Someone must have driven him there.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Sorry to hear about your loss, people from the campos are not used to the capital's faster beat and tigueraje, some of these tigueres can smell a campesino from miles away and worse when appearing to be lost. There are barrios in Santo Domingo where a lost campesino is like a seal in hungry sharks' water.

Campesinos should avoid going to Santo Domingo alone, especially if they don't know where they are going because they are thugs' target if they end up in the wrong and dangerous barrios. Now I think it is probably worse since planes full of hardcore deported criminals are always arriving from the US and Spain, more than ever.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
thank you all for your condolences.
they buried uncle m. today, but won't have any really answers for awhile - they did an autopsy but who even knows what they'll come up with. old guy, alone, in santo domingo!

Jan 17, 2009
thank you all for your condolences.
they buried uncle m. today, but won't have any really answers for awhile - they did an autopsy but who even knows what they'll come up with. old guy, alone, in santo domingo!

Sorry for your loss. Old guy? "Un hombre de 52 a?os" Not so old. You must be very young. I hope you find out why he passed.