Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Returning to the UK

I have been working here n the DR for nearly three years now. Since being here i have married a Dominican lady. We have been married for nearly two years. I would like, as would my wife to return to the UK and start a new life there.
    I know i can return any time and find employment and a home and my wife could join me later once i have a home and a job. However, we would like to return together.
    Dose anyone have any information that can help with this.

Regards Rick

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you've been there 3 years you shouldn't have to ask this. Go to the web site of the UK embassy and follow the links, you have to go through the process.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are married then the process is almost automatic - at least it was for me - going through the process from the D.R. with a Haitian wife. Maybe it is different for a Dominican wife?
    A 2 year spouse visa costs around 1600US$ - which sucks.
    The whole process took around 3 weeks - no drama.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been on the embassy web site, i have to prove i have a job and a place to live. I do not have this in the UK as i have been here working.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

where did you return to And did you have employment and a home to move into

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I used my mum as sponsor and guarantor as I didn't have work lined up back in the UK.

Mr Horner - I have never heard that expression before - what does it mean?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I was never given the option of buying a 6 month visa.
    Is it cheaper?

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think mr Horner is talking about a visitor visa which is a totally different thing. If you want to take your wife to the UK permanently you have to prove that you can house her and support her without recourse to public funds. As long as you can do that it is relatively automatic. They will be bringing in a test to prove they can speak English but atm it does not apply in the DR as there is no suitable test centre.

Usually they will make sure that you have a house and an income, but usually one partner is in the UK and wants to bring one over from here. You will need to show that you will have sufficient resources and access to accommodation and then it should not be a problem.

Matilda

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you imagine the language test for ex pats, jeje, that would put a spike in many peoples plans.

Hey Pedro, glad you introduced the Mrs to the UK or has it restricted your movement now she is there? Give it time, she will learn to hate it!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

What is that language test? English is my second language and i got it on the go. I am happy to use that with all grammatical mistakes. I am taking the exam this month end and have no clue what they look for and i had passed the age of taking exams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast