guns and resorts

J

jane

I spent 3 weeks in Santo Domingo last Januarty-loved it. We were the guests of a resident. My question-what's with the guns-I felt safe, yet saw more guns than i had ever seen before-are they really needed for protection or a traditional thing. We hope to go to a resort next Christmas then visit the city again. Does anyone have any reccomendation-we need diving, small rather than huge, nice beach and good food. Thank you.

Jane

D

DR-VETERAN

most of the time it's a macho thing.i got a GUN.sometimes it may come in handy but in some cases may provoke an assault just to get the gun by the guy who wants it but doesn't have it.Value rd$ 26,000-35,000 in the shop with license.by law guns are prohibited on the beach.
sound like you are in for a trip to las terrenas.

J

jane

thanks-after i posted that message I read further on about crime-i need to think about all this-every day the US seems to get worse-is the DR that much worse? Please tell me more about Las Terrenas, Jane

R

Ronald McIntosh

Bahia Las Ballenas...

Sounds perfect for your trip. Check out more accomodations and info at...

C

CES

Re:. . . resorts (Jane :) *PIC*

Hi Jane,

For lots of good info. click on:

Regards,

. . . CES

D

DR-VETERAN

the best 2 hotels in las terrenas are in my opinion cacao beach (closed for summer) and el portillo beach club.el portillo above cacao due to own beach.

M

martin

Here's the best place you can go : the Luperon Beach Resort, in Luperon, Puerto Plata, phone#571-8303... I really mean it, just look at the reviews on the internet...

E

Eddy

It's OK I guess. I wouldn't want to spend 2 weeks there. 3 days was enough.