Can I use my HTC Evo in DR??

CandaceL87

Mar 24, 2011
Does anyone know, can I use my HTC Evo in DR? Can I get it unlocked in DR and get it hooked up with a DR cell provider? I've heard about it being able to be done with iPhone's but what about the Evo?? Thanks!

CandaceL87

Mar 24, 2011
Im sorry I dont know what GSM and CDMA mean... how can I find out which version I use? I live in the US... I dont know if that helps... and Yes I will be staying in DR.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Does your phone use a SIM card? If so it is GSM. The other thing looks like a complete re-program, which is probably why it is not worth it unless it is for longterm :)

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
If it's the GSM version; yes. If it's the CDMA version, then it's not worth it, unless you're staying in DR

HTC Evo is CDMA only. And Claro carries it so it is doable, although you can get better rates with Orange. To answer the OP question, yes it is doable.

Neon8

Aug 3, 2003
www.sosuacondos.com
I have used my EVO in DR many times. Need to activate international roaming with Sprint. Works for calls and text and data. But price for calls, text and data can be expensive. Can use wifi for data for no charge from Sprint.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I have used my EVO in DR many times. Need to activate international roaming with Sprint. Works for calls and text and data. But price for calls, text and data can be expensive. Can use wifi for data for no charge from Sprint.

no DO NOT do that unless you want to pay through the nose (about 2 USD a minute). Better question is can the EVO be unlocked to be setup at Claro? I'm not sure if it can be, but my little brother assures me he knows two people who have EVOs with Claro so apparently it can be done. I'm going check next time I'm down there.