Immigration bus along the luperon??

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
This evening a immigration bus along the Av. Luperon, SD went out loading UNDOCUMENTED HAITIANS. I respect the domnican immigration laws, but what caught my eye was the way they carried out the operation. Any black man walking had to proof his status. The locals laughing out load, hailing insults and all. It seems pretty obvious there aint much love among the two groups. Aint the dominicans and haitians living in the same island?? And as far as my understanding goes, island people have their doors tightly closed or may i say firmly shut?? and they need be on the same team and not fight each other??

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
I had only heard about this stuff, but had never seen it or believed it to be so common.

I know a guy that got hauled off two weeks ago in a similar style en SD. He works washing cars, went out to buy some breakfast a block down the street and was picked up off the sidewalk by an immigration truck that was driving around looking for "Haitian-looking" people on the street. They straight up took him without letting him change his clothes or go get any belongings.

People are saving them for him, as he says he'll be back as soon as he gets some $ for the trip (to pay bribes). Wonder how long it will take him or how much it will cost...

Bet they wouldn't be laughing if the cops were driving around Washington Heights grabbing their family members and shipping them to SDQ. But no surprise at all about the reaction.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This evening a immigration bus along the Av. Luperon, SD went out loading UNDOCUMENTED HAITIANS. I respect the domnican immigration laws, but what caught my eye was the way they carried out the operation. Any black man walking had to proof his status. The locals laughing out load, hailing insults and all. It seems pretty obvious there aint much love among the two groups. Aint the dominicans and haitians living in the same island?? And as far as my understanding goes, island people have their doors tightly closed or may i say firmly shut?? and they need be on the same team and not fight each other??

Why, they are two different cultures, two different languages, and two different countries. It is a fact that most Haitians are darker than most Dominicans. I am pretty sure all being picked up are Haitians without papers. Why would Dominicans love Haitians? Mexico is part of the same " Island" as the USA. Illegals from the DR get picked up every day and shipped back.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I had only heard about this stuff, but had never seen it or believed it to be so common.

I know a guy that got hauled off two weeks ago in a similar style en SD. He works washing cars, went out to buy some breakfast a block down the street and was picked up off the sidewalk by an immigration truck that was driving around looking for "Haitian-looking" people on the street. They straight up took him without letting him change his clothes or go get any belongings.

People are saving them for him, as he says he'll be back as soon as he gets some $ for the trip (to pay bribes). Wonder how long it will take him or how much it will cost...

Bet they wouldn't be laughing if the cops were driving around Washington Heights grabbing their family members and shipping them to SDQ. But no surprise at all about the reaction.

Why doesn't he just get a Visa. It's not like it's hard to get.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

If you visit many parts of the USA that's exactly what they do! If you look HISPANIC, they stop you and ask your legal status. If the police feels like, they write you up for even something like jaywalking and haul your behind to the local station. There they check your status and if found to be undocumented, hold you for immigration pick up. They don't give the person the chance to go home and change clothes/pick up documents/talk to relatives/etc...

That's in the city, if close to the border in less than a few hours your behind is kissing Mexican soil again! But wait! There's more! If you happen to be a repeat offender (entering the USA without a visa or permit is now a criminal offense) you'll be sent to a local prison with common criminals and sentenced to as little as 6 moths to 3 or 5 years, depending on how the judge feels that day and your background as a repeat offender for entering the land of MLK is....

But wait! There's more! Even if you're a LEGAL resident in the USA, but were convicted of a prior non-felony in the past, which now has been upgraded to a FELONY, you'll be held and deported back to a country you don't even have family to begin with!

But wait! There's more! Try to go now to college and see how that's impossible in most states now! You graduate from high school with honors and have nowhere to go to for higher education!

But wait! There's more! Become the victim of a crime and you'll also be investigated for your legal status. If found to be undocumented, you'll also go to jail and be deported!!

Wow! Truly amazing how closely the USA and the tiny DR look so much alike! NOT!

Does the DR put Haitians in jail with common criminals for entering or residing undocumented in the country? NO!

Do the Dominican immigration agents raid with automatic rifles and military clockwork places of biz, factories, hotels, meat packing plants, free trade zones, etc... looking for undocumented Haitians? NO!

Does the Dominican state security agency raid the airports, ports and other sites looking for undocumented Haitians working there? NO!

Did you know that in the USA, undocumented people can't seek clinical assistance from public hospitals unless is an emergency type of event?? They are DENIED services of clinics if they don't pay for it upfront! Period!

Do the Dominican Republic hospitals ask Haitians to pay for clinic visits in PUBLIC hospitals? NO!

Save me the talk and go walk the walk! And let me tell you! That's only the USA I mentioned, the Europeans and most other countries are far worst than democratic USA when it comes to undocumented people in their soil!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
ICE has gone to a club I used to frequent on many occasions. You'd be dancing one minute and pulling out your Driver's License the next.....and they'd line up all of the illegals and take them downtown

SHALENA

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009

He's been back for over a week now, just sayin'. Damn, that was fast. I guess it's just "cheaper" for him, at least in the short and medium term, to take a chance at getting deported and pay the bribes than go through the visa process?