Chinese Food In Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have lived here for 5 years, and with this restaurant I am at the point where I will never eat there again.

There was no meat in the won ton soup , just pasta filled with more pasta ( for the 3rd time )

And the rest of the food is just too greasy and fattening.

It's the only place in town so they get away with this.

The owners spend all day on the internet so I hope they read this !

Last edited:

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
I don't get it. People I know rave about the place. Jeezus it's on the down side of OK. I'm from a place where I ate chinese food at least five times a week. The Cabarete place really is crap!...........There's no accounting for bad taste.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
I mean hows about some BBQ pork, wonton and noodle soup. What about some dai ching chicken, or some black bean sauce and anything. Give me some dim sum, you know some pork dumplings and spicy wok fried squid and prawn dumplings. Jeezus even some beef in garlic sauce and noodles.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I don't get it. People I know rave about the place. Jeezus it's on the down side of OK. I'm from a place where I ate chinese food at least five times a week. The Cabarete place really is crap!...........There's no accounting for bad taste.

The BEST Chinese restaurant in the DR is in Samana City, on top of a hill overlooking the bay. The food is excellent, and they give you the biggest portion size I ever had for a meal in the DR. And they don't skip on meat or costly ingredients. I got some beef chow mein kinda-of-sumthin' there for 180 pesos, and I could hardly finish it, and I'm a real BIG eater.....I will definitely make a point to eat there again when in Samana. The place had the best value for the money paid for a meal out of ALL the restaurants I've eaten at in the DR. And the view from the dining area of the hotel is outstanding, too.

Chinese restaurant is directly in back of the Docia Hotel:
‪Docia Hotel_Samana City‬‏ - YouTube

Samana Carwash:
‪Samana Car Wash/Disco‬‏ - YouTube

Bacardi Island (Cayo Levantado):
‪Bacardi Island (Cayo Levantado)__Beach Overview 2‬‏ - YouTube

Playa Rincon:
‪Playa Rincon‬‏ - YouTube

‪Playa Rincon_Samana‬‏ - YouTube

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I have lived here for 5 years, and with this restaurant I am at the point where I will never eat there again.

There was no meat in the won ton soup , just pasta filled with more pasta ( for the 3rd time )

And the rest of the food is just too greasy and fattening.

It's the only place in town so they get away with this.

The owners spend all day on the internet so I hope they read this !

Why hope that they read this when it would be easier to just tell them directly how you feel, you as a customer have the rights to good food and good service.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Why hope that they read this when it would be easier to just tell them directly how you feel, you as a customer have the rights to good food and good service.
It's too damn early to discuss cheap greasy chinese food. I'll catch up later when I have the stomach for it. The poster did the right thing, he will get more bang for his buck by disclosing his disappointment on DR1
PS. he should also tell the owner

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
You can always get away with just being "OK" when you're the only game in town. Competition is what we need! But in the meantime, it's the closest to where I stay so I continue to eat there.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
@FritoBandito..... you got that right, that place is awesome......not big portions, but huge....I always make a point to visit that restaurant when in Samana, and the view is spectacular as well, definitely recommended
As far as the one in Cabarete, I don't mind it, its ok, but its also the only game in town

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
It must have really gone down hill in the past year or so. My wife and I used to eat there once in awhile and I thought it was very good and certainly reasonably priced. The ambiance is godawful. Too bad.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
The restaurant on the hill in samana is fine. However, in my opinion the best chinese food in the DRis at the chino de mariscos on ave sarasota near the embajador hotel..wonton;;egg rolls..demsem..lo mein..roast pork etc. Have eaten there for over 25 years and never had a bad meal

Status
Not open for further replies.