aster going digital?

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
so i was in aster office today in santiago......and have heard that they are Going Digital........ (adding cable box service) So my question is this: i have seen some cable boxes around SD and here in santiago also and they look like the old 2 digit boxes from the 90's!! does this mean that the old Boxes from the U.S. will work? i have 4 GE cft2000's laying around in my Apt in NY From before i switched over the satelite....will these boxes work? cause it would save those 400 pesos more a month theyre planing to charge for the boxes! ( atleast this is what the teller told me) thanks.....

Feb 7, 2007
If the boxes are from the 90's I highly doubt they are digital. there are analogue cable boxes and digital cable boxes. The analogue cable boxes are basically analogue descramblers. Digital cable boxes are both descramblers and digital to analogue converters.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
My Santo Domingo Aster bill breaks down to rental of the service, rental of premium movie channels, rental of automobile road service 'Security Force' (59.323 pesos per month and it has come in handy) and rental of digital music.

There is no separate notation for rental of the box. My neighborhood has been converted to digital.