Tv's in DR & golf cart

Double D

Jun 24, 2011
I want to buy several LED TV's. Who can I call for discount prices?
Also want to buy a 4 passenger electric golf cart.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
I don't know about TVs, but why would you want an electric golf cart in the land of the rolling blackout?

Gas golf carts are available, I think there's a guy in Santiago who sells "re-conditioned" ones.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I want to buy several LED TV's. Who can I call for discount prices?
Also want to buy a 4 passenger electric golf cart.

For the TV's I would call Tiger Direct and import them from the US through a reliable Dominican shipper who will quote you door to door shipping costs so you will have no surprises.

Such TV's here are 2 to 3 times more than in the US and are usually older models that have been refurbished.

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
I was gonna suggest the OLE in Boca Chica....I'm sure if you bought multiples they'd give you a deal.

Double D

Jun 24, 2011
Phone #s of electronic TV stores in DR. would be appreciated. Seems to difficult to buy TV's in states and ship. Surprised at not finding web pages of stores.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Toshiba 55SL412U 55 Class Widescreen LED HDTV - 1080p, 1920 x 1080, 16:9, 5,000:1, 120Hz, HDMI, VGA, USB, Black, (Open Box) at TigerDirect.com

Here is a link to one example which is a 55 inch LED backlit TV for $999.99 US.

Others have reported using Montero Shipping with good results for importing TVs directly to your door.

**This is a Great piece of advise, I have utilized Tiger direct for business in the US, and I was not aware that we could ship direct door to door and not have to worry about the hassel of importation....I had to pay $752.00 US for a 25 inch in Friusa...Thanks for the info~

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
**This is a Great piece of advise, I have utilized Tiger direct for business in the US, and I was not aware that we could ship direct door to door and not have to worry about the hassel of importation....I had to pay $752.00 US for a 25 inch in Friusa...Thanks for the info~

Keep in mind that Tiger Direct would ship to Montero and then Montero would deliver to your door. So far that is the best system I have run across for shipping large items from the US to the DR.