Disposible Acuvue Contact lenses?

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I have been told youcanbuy Acuvue disposible lenses in the newest Serena store in Santiago! Is anyone goingto La Serena that could check. If their opticalstore does too or if theywill transfer from store to store saving trip to Santiago?

OtroGringo

Jul 16, 2011
I order them from 1-800 contacts online. They don't verify the prescription if you are mailing them outside the US. I received my supply in four days right to my front door for less money (including shipping) than I could buy them for in the stores here. Hope that helps.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
If any is in or going to be in the puerto. PLata LOCATION I MEANT TO INCLUDE IN THE THREAD UPDATE

MMensah

Oct 30, 2010
I bought them at the La Sirena in Puerto Plata 3 weeks ago. They had a decent supply and the nice lady gave me a pen as a gift. They were a bit expensive (about $50 USD) but I needed them so badly I didn't care.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Hi I was informed by 1800 contacts I had to fax. Prescription. Before they will take an order!

OtroGringo

Jul 16, 2011
I did no such thing. Did you tell them your mailing address and eye doctor both reside outside the US? They simply required an address and phone number for the doctor's office here in the DR; no fax was required. I assure you they did zero follow-up beyond that. I most recently ordered contacts about one month ago, so I doubt any policy change.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Hi I told them I wanted them shipped to a us address. Did the company ship ten to Dr or did u use a Company like fed ex?

OtroGringo

Jul 16, 2011
The company shipped them directly to the DR (with appropriate international shipping charges, obviously). They used FedEx, which would be my first choice of carrier. I assume it would be the same in your area. Even with the shipping costs, it ended up being slightly cheaper for me.