Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car Rental Without A Credit Card In Sosua/POP area?

Are there any places in the Sosua/POP that rent cars without a credit card? How much would the deposit be?
    All of the car rental agencies at all of the DR airports require a credit card, but I was wondering if there were any local, dominican owned agencies that do not require a credit card & are reliable with decent prices. I want to rent a small, simple car for nine days if I can.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blanca Nieves Rivera Cruz View Post
    Are there any places in the Sosua/POP that rent cars without a credit card? How much would the deposit be?
    All of the car rental agencies at all of the DR airports require a credit card, but I was wondering if there were any local, dominican owned agencies that do not require a credit card & are reliable with decent prices. I want to rent a small, simple car for nine days if I can.
    Might be difficult unless you have someone who can vouch for you. You don't have to pay with a CC. Once you return the car you can pay cash and have them tear up the voucher.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a reliable guy in Cabarete who rents cars without credit card or any other deposit actually, to my knowledge he only has Z2 Tracker and Mitsubishi Montero jeeps, fairly beaten up vehicles but at a good price. Drop me a PM if you need further info.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There is one guy in Sosua that I did rent a car from once without leaving a credit card, just my passport.
    Take the road at the xroads where the casa marina street intersects the road with the icecream store and pharmacy, actually is that the same street as Eddys place, I think it is once street over, maybe, can't remember. Anyway, over the xroads past the little boutiques there is/was a guy there, on the right. Whether he still does or is even there I dunno, this was several years ago.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Truely" rents cars without a credit card on Calle David Rosen, he is on the right side after you pass Helados Bon and cross Calle Alejo Martinez. He is an honest guy with access to a few cars.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    "Truely" rents cars without a credit card on Calle David Rosen, he is on the right side after you pass Helados Bon and cross Calle Alejo Martinez. He is an honest guy with access to a few cars.
    Can second this - We rented a 4x4 during our last stay from this chap. Very reasonable, good vehicle and he just needed a photocopy of my passport.
    Tropical Regards
    Ian & Ellie

7. Likes Tamborista liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to Robert in front of Bailey's, very nice guy.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blanca Nieves Rivera Cruz View Post
    I always use Ok-Motors and refer my clients. Willi is the owner and a business man in Sosua for over 20 years. Ok-Motors is located just outside of downtown Sosua on your way towards Cabarete on the right side next to the gas sation. I've use them for many years because of the great service and best prices. I really like that the rental price includes taxes & insurance. They pick me up at the airport then when I'm leaving come to my place and drive me back to the airport. That makes it very easy getting in and out of the airport. Plus no airport tax on my rental. My clients all rent from them and are very pleased of how easy the process is. Check out their website and compare , you won't find a better deal with the large selection of vehicle's and great service. OK MOTORS Rent-A-Car SOSUA, Cabarete, Puerto Plata, Northcoast and whole Dominican Republic

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Freddy's on the side street where the Claro Office used to be. Basically across from the Claro tower. Good guy, speaks English also.