Experience receiving Documents via DHL in Bavaro?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Anybody received documents / Credit Card or such from the US via DHL? How it worked out? Good or bad experience? I can't find it anymore but I've read that DHL (?) is not very reliable in the Bavaro / Punta Cana area?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I can't see any issues if you just have paperwork, spare parts n stuff then possibly a bit more timely. I get documents here from the UK within 48 hours with them, so pretty good in my experience.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hi Anastacio,
thanks for reply, meanwhile I found the other thread, it was FedEx what was not recommended. For shopping I use Vimenca, which works out great. I am a little worry b/c someone wants / has to send me a Debit Card via DHL and I am afraid it could "disappear" somehow on its way to me out in the deep East here... Since that cost me 60 $ just to get it send here and I would not like to have to repeat that at that rate ;)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It is very expensive I paid 38british pounds for a simple letter, seems a lot, but to get it 48hours, well, first class UK to UK doesn't run that fast sometime.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I sent an envelope containing pictures to mom in Santiago from Raleigh NC using regular service $$$ 0.98 and arrived safe in three weeks.
DR post office service is working fine!!!

JJ

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
But I am not sure to trust DR post service for that, especially containing a Mastercard ;), the thing is they can send with DHL, but I read they only deliver to DHL in SDQ, from there with MetroPack to the East here. The problem I have I would have to tell THEM upon arrival in SDQ to forward it to me here, seems a little weird that all.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
friends use eps from england to the states and then to cabarete, and apparently it works fine... Around 500 rds for an envelope. Arrival 2 weeks