How Much??

K

Kathy

Could someone tell me how much 6,645 pesos is in U.S. dollars. I'm not that familiar with the current dollar value. One girl told me it was 16.60 i read here that it was 16.75 What is correct ?

L

Larry

The rate changes daily. Go to link and do the conversion. The currency code for the Dominican peso is DOP.

D

Doug

Re: not much different between 16.60 and 16.75

Kathy....it would be close to 395.00 U.S. depending on the day,location......but this should be close enough to help you!

K

Kathy

Re: Doug

Doug.. Thanks I was told it ws around $700 I guess the person who told me was wrong.

L

Lady

For Anyone Interested in Converting Currencies!!

Kathy,

I recommend you goto to this site to avoid more than one answer: http://www.the-dominican-republic.com/
Once you are in that site click on currency converter,
don't forget to adjust the date and adjust the currencies
you want to convert!!!

According to that site here's what you asked for:

as of Saturday, May 12, 2001

6,645 Dominican R. Peso = 410.185 US Dollar
6,645 US Dollar (USD) = 107,649 Dominican R. Peso (DOP)

Good Luck.

E

ECH, M.D.

Re: For Anyone Interested in Converting Currencies

I checked your link.
WOW, I have not seen such a low rate in YEARS. But who are these people and where do you get this rate? Where do you go to present your money?

Lets put this whole money thing in perspective.

Your rate:

16.20 Pesos = $1.00 USD

the rate most get:

16.75 Pesos = $1.00 USD

difference = 55 DOMINICAN CENTS. BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU 55 DOMINICAN CENTS IS NOT MUCH?.EVEN THE SHOESHINE BOYS WON?T ACCEPT IT AS A TIP!!!

TO GO EVEN FURTHER:

55 DOMINICAN CENTS CONVERTED AT YOUR RATE:

55 x 16.20 = 3.28 U.S.

CONVERTED AT MY RATE:

55 X 16.75 = 3.39 U.S.

This means there is a difference of $0.11 cents between the two conversion factors.
Now, if we apply the same figures coverting $1000.00 USD.
The BOTTOM LINE difference would be $1.10 U.S.D. between the two conversion factors..... Not really that much to quibble about?

So, do the math and it becomes readily apparent that the only difference is when one is dealing in LARGE sums of money, like buying a house or car, then is becomes significant what the buy/sell rate is.

H

Henry

Calculation??

USD 1000 x 16.20 = RD$ 16200.-
USD 1000 x 16.75 = RD$ 16750.-

Difference RD$ 550.-

USD equivalent USD 32.84 ore 3.284 %!!!!

Where did you get the USD 1.10?????

Henry

E

ECH, M.D.

Re: Calculation??

My apologies Henry.....I am a used car salesman and not a math expert....and I was doing the calculations in my head...what's left of it...

The calculations meant to be...

55 divided by 16.75 = 3.28

55 divideded by 16.20 = 3.39

What I am trying to say is the maximum difference in changing 1000 USD into pesos will be $1.10 if you use the 16.20 rate instead of the 16.75 rate. And the point I am trying to make is that it is really insignificant unless dealing with large sums of money.

Hope this clarified it a bit....

Sorry

K

Kathy

Thanks All!!

Thank you all for your help. So it is around $400 or so dollars give or take !! MY friend calculated it and she told me it was more like $700 U.S.. She was wrong with her math. Thanks again!

L

Lady

Well Boys,

seems like Kathy got her information.
Let's not persue this any further. As to the link
I provided, ECH, M.D. QUIT IT,
For now that's the only relief some people that
need a currency converter---some of us got our
figures wrong anyways!

Fino alla prossima volta.

L

Lady

Re: Calculation??

ECH, M.D.,

Try the link. You might like it better
than your instantaneous math calculations.

I'm predict that I will get another respond from you.

Later.