Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why going to the doctor is soo expensive?

I took my husbands child to the clinica and it cost 500.00 dollars because he was sick with a fever, diahrea,etc. You know common cold symptoms. We went just to be sure he didn't have anything fatle. But Why does it cost soo much?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default La Consulta

Quote Originally Posted by mmccom2 View Post
    I took my husbands child to the clinica and it cost 500.00 dollars because he was sick with a fever, diahrea,etc. You know common cold symptoms. We went just to be sure he didn't have anything fatle. But Why does it cost soo much?
    A 'consulta' (without lab tests) is around 500 to 1,200 RD$.

Whom did you pay, the doctor or your husband?

donP

3. Likes SKing, Africaida, Squat liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I was at the clinic on Friday and paid RD500$, then another RD500$ for my medication from the pharmacy. =RD1000$.

If you want to throw your money away then I have empty pockets waiting to be filled!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Lady, you've been jipped. Before I had my insurance my son was sick with stomach virus, we went to HOMS emergency room, were admitted by his pediatrician, stayed overnight in a gold suite, received medications, etc. And the bill was not even 8,000 pesos (it was around $215us).
    SMDH

SHALENA

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a complete cardiac workup uncluding stress, carotid doppler, echocardio, lab tests and 2 consults for $150 less than that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

mmcc, your husband is Dominican yes? did you actually take him or are you covering a red face having given your husband this money and kind of knowing it was way overboard on price?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I've mentioned in other posts " Light (EXPOSURE) is the best purifiyer " UNLESS !
    1. your husband went to USA for exam ?
    2. Your husband has a girl friend ?
    3. I'm out of UNLESS'S

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

a visit to a normal doctor, sans insurance is 500 PESOS. some posh arseholes in SD may charge more.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It was so expensive because you were along.

Next time, let mom, grandma, tia, someone else do it. And if your husband agreed to pay that much, you're in for trouble. Dominicans who care for you help you steer clear of gringo pricing--even the ones that may take advantage of you someday don't want somebody else to take advantage of you on their watch.

It's sometimes irritating to be told to wait in the car, but often it makes more sense.

Post Thanks / Like

You were taken to the cleaners!! Somebody cheated you and badly.

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast