calling dominican republic

Gempull

Jan 19, 2011
Looking for some insight on the cheapest ways to call to the DR from America. I currently have T mobile and I pay $20 extra to my monthly phone bill to call unlimited to DR landline. Anyone heard of any other companies with better rates for calling.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
With MetroPCS I believe it's $5 a month extra for unlimited calls to DR, but unless you live near one of their towers the quality is terrible.

We use phone cards - for $2 you can talk a very long time to a land line.

AE

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
While not cheap I use Vonage plan for $59.99 plus tax a month and with my Andriod phone there is an app that uses your Vonage account to make call and by the way that is to cell as well as land lines.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
$20 from a mobile phone is pretty good becasue I pay $30 a month for the Vonage world Canada plan for unlimited to DR landlines and then they charge about .07 a minute for mobiles in DR. Umm, from the US you can also call from Google Voice for free I believe. We can't get this in Canada yet.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I have MetroPCS and AE is correct for $5 you call DR, but ONLY to landlines.

Now you can go to SDICard.com and buy in bulk the access numbers for calling numbers to DR. So for $20 you can buy 10 access numbers and depending on the number(landline or cell) you are going to call you can receive from 27 minutes per call or 2 hours for that one call.