Taking care of business

Gempull

Jan 19, 2011
I am having a baby soon with my Dominican esposa. I will be very much involved and plan to be very responsible. I am reaching to the friends on DR1 for helpful tips in ensuring my bambina has the most helpful father on the planet. I want to make sure that I am secured in all of my interactions and relations with my bambino and esposa. Any helpful information will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hey Gempull,

Congratulations! That's so exciting...I don't know how people will respond to this thread as it's a bit off-DR-topic..

I think the basics are loving your esposa and taking care of her and the baby by waking up with the baby at night, being supportive (it's an emotional roller-coaster, especially for the new mum, with lots of crazy hormones all over the place :) ) Just be there and be supportive, emotionally, financially, every way possible.

If you're loving and supportive of your esposa and baby, your daughter will grow up seeing what a wonderful man you are and she'll look for healthy examples like that when she gets into relationships.

Oh, and rub her feet and do the dishes! :D hee hee...the way to a woman's heart.... ;) Congrats again!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Where?

... my bambino and esposa

Are you in Italy with your Dominican wife?
If you are here in the DR, do not worry your child will receive good care.

donP

P.S.: Just saw that you are in the US.
Now something else comes to my mind...
Never mind.

Last edited:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Congrats on the new arrival.

BUT... are you REALLY asking how to be a good father???? I guess I really don't understand the basis for your questions or your post.

Gempull

Jan 19, 2011
Congrats on the new arrival.

BUT... are you REALLY asking how to be a good father???? I guess I really don't understand the basis for your questions or your post.

really asking what can I do to protect myself, if my girl gets strange all of a sudden and starts flippin out

Gempull

Jan 19, 2011
yeah, but what do I do if I find out she is using me for the gravy train. What do I do beforehand to protect myself and my new born? In day and age, one must consider that. Especially for good guys like me.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I wouldn't worry, from the sounds of your posts it will be almost impossible to pull the wool over your eyes, that was done a long long time ago before you even set foot in this country. Good luck, and don't worry, you can't stop this train once moving, ride it out and just do your best, be strong, be happy and be there for the child, you have one child, don't allow the mother to slip into the booties of child No 2.

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
Master the 2 am diaper n bottle and the 4 am diaper n bottle the lack of sleep ,the baby formula breath when she burp's .Spoil her ,love her you will do fine. .Congrat's

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Wow, Congrats to the both of you! Irateskateboards, my birthday is today, so I will always remember your daughter's birthday, 2 days before mine!

SHALENA

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
yeah, but what do I do if I find out she is using me for the gravy train. What do I do beforehand to protect myself and my new born? In day and age, one must consider that. Especially for good guys like me.

ahhhhh... OK... makes more sense now. I'm sorry I don't have any advice, but good luck.