Dominican First Lady Has Spent More Than 17 Million Pesos in Hats?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
According to this blog Lo que dice Damian.. Lady Margarita apparently is the Ismelda Marcos of hats. She loves them so much that she supposedly has more than 3000 of them, some of them costing as much as 10k USD. The article also touches on a supposed trip to The NYC where she had a store on 5th avenue close just for her to shop - a la Paris Hilton - and came out of there with a nice bill of about 118,000 USD. She is in charge of a budget of about 700 million pesos a month and has to answer to no one on how she spends that money.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Spending Money on Hats

- and came out of there with a nice bill of about 118,000 USD. She is in charge of a budget of about 700 million pesos a month and has to answer to no one on how she spends that money.

Typical Third World country rulers' attitude... :tired:

donP

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
She has 20 million a month. No controls, yes. No accounting. Who would dare do an audit??? Not now, maybe later...after May 2012. That post just confirmed what I have been saying for years...

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
"lleg? mam?.... lleg? pa' na' "

I hate to say it but Hipo looks better everyday believe it or not. I think the PLD'eistas know it too.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what hats? she wears them in a bedroom or what? 'coz i always see her photos in newspapers with this geriatric style wig she's wearin' and no hat. and for f**k's sake, who is her stylist? her clothes match her grizzled weave, i swear i saw the same kind of fabric on my deaseased grandma's bedroom curtains. this woman looks like a fashion fossil.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
what hats? she wears them in a bedroom or what? 'coz i always see her photos in newspapers with this geriatric style wig she's wearin' and no hat. and for f**k's sake, who is her stylist? her clothes match her grizzled weave, i swear i saw the same kind of fabric on my deaseased grandma's bedroom curtains. this woman looks like a fashion fossil.

LOL dv8, why don't you tell us what you REALLY think about her!! hahahhahahahahahaha!

AE

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

She warned us in an interview for Clave (EPD) back in 2006 that we'd have to get used to her hats. She also came out with these pearls:

[Q] La gente comenta sobre sus vestidos, sombreros y asesores.
[A] No necesitamos tanta asesor?a para verme bonita. Le agradezco al Se?or que me hizo as?. Desde peque?a he tenido estilo. Cuando estaba en la universidad no aceptaba que mucha gente me dijera "t?". Hab?a que tratarme de usted.

[Q] - People comment on your dresses, hats and advisors.
[A] - We (sic) don't need much advice to look pretty. I thank the Lord for
making me this way. I've had style since I was a little girl. When I was at university I didn't let many people address me as "t?". You had to address me using "usted".

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
She warned us in an interview for Clave (EPD) back in 2006 that we'd have to get used to her hats. She also came out with these pearls:

[Q] La gente comenta sobre sus vestidos, sombreros y asesores.
[A] No necesitamos tanta asesor?a para verme bonita. Le agradezco al Se?or que me hizo as?. Desde peque?a he tenido estilo. Cuando estaba en la universidad no aceptaba que mucha gente me dijera "t?". Hab?a que tratarme de usted.

[Q] - People comment on your dresses, hats and advisors.
[A] - We (sic) don't need much advice to look pretty. I thank the Lord for
making me this way. I've had style since I was a little girl. When I was at university I didn't let many people address me as "t?". You had to address me using "usted".
We have Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann, go figure.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
How could anyone take any person seriously much less a politician saying they they are by their very nature important and therefore demand respect? Sounds like the quintessential banana republic politician.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Is anyone really surprised? This is par for the course in the DR! Only surprise is that someone found out and opened their mouth.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
My beautiful Dominican wife who is my resident expert on all things Dominican says this is not possible and must be incorrect. She has been wrong but I cannot remember when as it relates to the DR.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
My beautiful Dominican wife who is my resident expert on all things Dominican says this is not possible and must be incorrect. She has been wrong but I cannot remember when as it relates to the DR.

incorrect about what?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
actually now i remember i did see her photo with some sort of a black bucket over her head when she attended beatification of the late pope. i cannot remember it clearly as my eye was drawn to her bared teeth. does the lower jaw unhinges so that she could swallow her food in one gulp?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Go to Google images and search on "margarita cedeno reina isabel" for another "bucket" of laughs.