Small office in Santiago?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Does anyone know where there is available office space in Santiago? I'm not looking for anything particular: just something big enough for a desk and some chairs. I tried searching the real estate classifieds here, but couldn't find anything.

I know I'm stretching it, but I was looking for something possibly in the $300/mo. range.

Thanks.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I already have someone checking different places and talking to people. What area do you suggest we start searching in?

Thanks.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
half the buildings downtown have available space. and in every mall there are wide swaths of commercial space for rent.

Lifestooshort

Jun 27, 2011
Just curious, what type of business are you starting here? My wife and I have been in Santiago about 3 months and are also attempting a couple of small "start-ups." Have you heard of any english speaking business groups (we are still working on our Spanish.) We'd be interested in any social groups as well!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a fairly large group of B'hais (?) here in Santiago and they have many English speaking people. There are also lots of teachers at the Bi-lingual schools and English Language Institutes...like ELI, JF Kennedy and the Dominico-Americano...

OP: Look in Los Jardines or Villa Olga. Good addresses, centrally located and nice places with good services.

HB

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning I am a retired US Federal Law Enforcment Official who has lived in Santiago since 2005. If you want to PM me I can point you in the right direction.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for all your replies.

I know there is tons of office space available everywhere, but where do you guys suggest I begin?

A friend looked at a place in Metr?polis Plaza in Los Jardines, but it was over my price range of $300/mo. I also looked at a place in Av. Juan Pablo Duarte, but the place wasn't ready for use. It was also beyond my $300 budget. The former is 26mt2 and the latter 30mt2.

Can I get something decent and usable for $300/month?

@SantiagueroRD, I've PM'd you.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The building at the corner of Texas and 27 has plenty of available space on the second floor and I believe they have a parking garage. It is the same bldg where immigration is.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for your post.

The building at the corner of Texas and 27 has plenty of available space on the second floor and I believe they have a parking garage. It is the same bldg where immigration is.

I just called them and they're asking for US$520. That's $200+ over my budget. They're owned by Mera Mu?oz Fondeur.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
The problem is that they can hear the accentuated difference in your spanish and theirs and are trying to fleece you. And relatively uninterested if they ever get a tenant because it is all about ownership.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
The problem is that they can hear the accentuated difference in your spanish and theirs and are trying to fleece you. And relatively uninterested if they ever get a tenant because it is all about ownership.
Actually, someone Dominican (and from Santiago) called them. I just don't think they're interested in renting the place.