Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me find the words. Fence stolen from las americas airport!!!

The parimeter fence was stolen from Las Americas Airport this week.At leat 157 poles and the cyclone fence attatched to it were cut and carted away in the night by theives with some heavy duty trucks.Im speechless!!!Is anyone in charge here?An entire international airports security was breached.Well **** it,Im going to cut the fence around the national palace tonight.Why not?Anyone have a large truck that I can use?That scrap metal must be worth a buck or 2 !!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

park it in front of the US EMbassy and they get that airport security tight post haste

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastmike View Post
    The parimeter fence was stolen from Las Americas Airport this week.At leat 157 poles and the cyclone fence attatched to it were cut and carted away in the night by theives with some heavy duty trucks.Im speechless!!!Is anyone in charge here?An entire international airports security was breached.Well **** it,Im going to cut the fence around the national palace tonight.Why not?Anyone have a large truck that I can use?That scrap metal must be worth a buck or 2 !!!
    I think all Airline companies should cancel all flights untill a fence is back up. (Safety & Security reasons). That would get somebody's attention.

4. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe some additional IMF $$$$$ are needed ? lol

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anything

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastmike View Post
    Im speechless!!!
    I am amazed that you are.
    You have been living here for 10 years, you should know:
    These scrap metal gangs steal anything:
    fences, guarding rails, sewage covers, power cables, transformers, crosses from tombs, coffin fittings,...

But then, last week also an ostrich was stolen (from the Moca zoo).
    So, nothing out of the ordinary really.

[The experts on Dominican culture can explain more.]

donP

7. Likes SKing, Rattus_Rattus, todobien liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you read the article about jetblue and Air France complaining about luggage theft at Las Americas?

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/loc...ericas-Airport

Honestly, what can you expect out of the general population given that political leadership robs the country blind?

9. Likes greydread liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puryear270 View Post
    Did you read the article about jetblue and Air France complaining about luggage theft at Las Americas?

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/loc...ericas-Airport

Honestly, what can you expect out of the general population given that political leadership robs the country blind?
    Code of Ethics starts at the top. You'd think that by now they'd have enough folks who don't need any more money to find one to head up security at the Country's largest airport.

I don't care how slick the "salvage thieves" are. They can't pull off and airport perimeter heist without inside help. There are security cameras everywhere, roving guards and traffic all hours of the day and night. How hard would it be to track down 1500' of cyclone fence with poles?

Diogenes would be on suicide watch in the D.R.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The good side is the ones lugging out the luggage and jewellery do not have to work so hard. It's all about making life easy isn't it?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    I think all Airline companies should cancel all flights untill a fence is back up. (Safety & Security reasons). That would get somebody's attention.
    I thought the airlines were going to cancel flights because the airport workers steal everything from the bags? Hard to keep track of the goings on at that wacky Las Americas!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard the presidents daughter needed it for her new mansion.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast