Extrajudicial Solution

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Two weeks ago a military surgeon (39) was shot dead by a watchman at the entrance of a gated community ("Las Delicias") in Bonao.

BONAO-Guardian privado mat? de un balazo a un m?dico que adem?s era oficial del EN en un hecho ocurrido en Bonao | VivaBonao.com

(NOTICIAS DESDE BONAO): Guardian privado mat? de un balazo a un m?dico que adem?s era oficial del EN en un hecho ocurrido en Bonao

[video=youtube;BrNAqLsypEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrNAqLsypEA[/video]

Now a Dominican out-of-court solution has been "reached"... :pirate: :cool: :rambo:
Samana :periodico de Saman?:Noticia Samana:pagina de Saman?:Saman?: Matan en la c?rcel vigilante mat? m?dico

donP

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Two weeks ago a military surgeon (39) was shot dead by a watchman at the entrance of a gated community ("Las Delicias") in Bonao.

BONAO-Guardian privado mat? de un balazo a un m?dico que adem?s era oficial del EN en un hecho ocurrido en Bonao | VivaBonao.com

(NOTICIAS DESDE BONAO): Guardian privado mat? de un balazo a un m?dico que adem?s era oficial del EN en un hecho ocurrido en Bonao

[video=youtube;BrNAqLsypEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrNAqLsypEA[/video]

Now a Dominican out-of-court solution has been "reached"... :pirate: :cool: :rambo:
Samana :periodico de Saman?:Noticia Samana:pagina de Saman?:Saman?: Matan en la c?rcel vigilante mat? m?dico

donP
Justice well served.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Doctor vs. Watchman

Justice well served.

In this case, I am not so sure.
It was said that the surgeon had been told to wait until it could be checked whether the person he wanted to visit was available.
Obviously his patience ran out and one can see in the video that he confronted the watchman (some said with a pistol).
The watchman could have acted in self defense....

donP

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This is a tragedy that could have been avoided unfortunately. People should use common sense anytime they pull out a firearm in a threatening manner whether here or anywhere else.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
In this case, I am not so sure.
It was said that the surgeon had been told to wait until it could be checked whether the person he wanted to visit was available.
Obviously his patience ran out and one can see in the video that he confronted the watchman (some said with a pistol).
The watchman could have acted in self defense....

donP
41 to 44 seconds crucial part of the video.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if i had pulled out a gun at everyone who pi**es me off this world would be a very empty place. why is it that some folks just cannot f***ing control themselves? excuse wording but really there is no way to put it nicely.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
For what I'm seeing here the watchman had his right to defend himself by shooting him. Was he trained as a US Police Officer to stand back and point? NO but he did his duty of defend himself and the community he was watching against an aggressive and armed men who clearly assaulted him. But as he was a "hijodemachepa" he is now dead. Awesome!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
if i had pulled out a gun at everyone who pi**es me off this world would be a very empty place. why is it that some folks just cannot f***ing control themselves? excuse wording but really there is no way to put it nicely.
First of all what's a doctor doing with a gun? Isn't he supposed to be saving lives? Oh yea. Military. Dominican machoism. Doctors carry guns. WTF is this country comming to?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
First of all what's a doctor doing with a gun? Isn't he supposed to be saving lives? Oh yea. Military. Dominican machoism. Doctors carry guns. WTF is this country comming to?

As sad as it is, I'll have to agree with you. Even though he should carry a gun as he was military, he definitely should not have reacted that way.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
As sad as it is, I'll have to agree with you. Even though he should carry a gun as he was military, he definitely should not have reacted that way.
I don't think military in the US and for sure not in Canada carry guns. Doctors would probably refuse to carry them, unless ordered. It's all a macho thing here. Jeeees even lawyers and accountants carry.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My ex was a doctor who carried. I know many, many docs who carry in the US.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
My ex was a doctor who carried. I know many, many docs who carry in the US.
you also have a friend who carries. My daughter is a rehab counselor for druggies and boozers and she convinced me it's getting bad out there.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I don't think military in the US and for sure not in Canada carry guns. Doctors would probably refuse to carry them, unless ordered. It's all a macho thing here. Jeeees even lawyers and accountants carry.
OK, make that just in Canada then. :)

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
The biggest mistake the security guard made was not taking the second shot. If someone pulls a gun on me, (and if I were carrying a gun), I'd shoot first... and a lot. No, I don't carry a gun... but I'm a damn good shot. The guard is lucky there was a security cam to tell the story.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

donP

The biggest mistake the security guard made was not taking the second shot. If someone pulls a gun on me, (and if I were carrying a gun), I'd shoot first... and a lot. No, I don't carry a gun... but I'm a damn good shot. The guard is lucky there was a security cam to tell the story.

He's not that lucky. He was shot to death trying to 'escape' from Cotui jail.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

exactly my point! do people have no self control here? it's fine for a doc to have a gun but to pull it out and wave it about every time something gets his speedos in the twist? wtf?

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
exactly my point! do people have no self control here? it's fine for a doc to have a gun but to pull it out and wave it about every time something gets his speedos in the twist? wtf?
I agree, I carry a gun but it is method of last resort and I mean last resort only if I feel my or my family's life is threatened, to pull out a gun and wave it around is totally irresponsible and if you pull it, you damn well better have good reason to pull it and better use it or you may find yourself in the obituaries.

Damyan

Jun 19, 2011
I wish they would abolish weapons in DR so we can see the drastic decrease in murders as well as the increase in good social behavior. If hand to hand (combat) was the standard, alot of abusadores (like this "doctor" and the papi/mami types) would be out of commission in a heartbeat...