Mr. Cobra Boy joined dr1! Look for his amazing weekly articles every mondays!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
All unbiased and amazing and slanted, done daily and hourly every 5th monday after the rapture!

:cheeky:

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
I will be starting my own literary genius newsletter. It will be published infrequently
Frank , I am anxious to see how your articles have gone, I have read the infrequently and find them very varied but typically the same. Can you advise ?

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
I am not sure what this means, but if Cobra is going to have his own feature deal, I am hoping he is open to suggestions for topics.

Cobra, I remember a while back you were soliciting money for an organization called ?the Dream Project?, but it was not the Dream Project in Cabarete that has been there since 2002 (I believe you said you had not really heard of the other ?outfit?, but suspected they did good work too). This new Dream Project had a website with pictures of a young girl standing in front of a pallet of food they were going to donate to the poor Dominicans (one was of a girl holding spaghetti noodles in the form of a cross).

You seemed kind-of put off that some people (well me?) would question another organization using the ?Dream Project? brand in the DR (after all, I remember you saying, you were very familiar with the family of this new Dream Project, apparently this girl?s father was an FBI agent in CA or something, and this new Dream Project was an accredited 501C3 non-profit.

At the time I searched the IRS site for this new Dream Project, but couldn?t find it. I gave it the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe it was a recent addition (you know how stale those government websites can be).

The reason I am writing all this is this thread started me wondering about this other Dream Project, so I searched the web, but I couldn?t find anything about this new Dream Project. All that Google would give me was this Cabarete outfit. I then searched the IRS 501c3 site and still didn?t see it there either. As a last resort I searched DR1, and now I can?t even find the thread on DR1 anymore (clearly my searching skills are sub-par).

So, to circle back, if you are open to suggestions, as a future topic, could you provide us with an update as to what this new Dream Project is up to, and a link to their site (and their non-profit credentials)?
Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I did not close Mr. Polanco's thread because I have to protect his First Amendment rights to express himself. (Yeah, I know, this ain't ....)...

Anyway, it is some fun reading to see what people come up with...

Serious thought is not necessary ALLL the time, is it???

HB

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
how can serious thought be of any importance in this crazy world in which we live anyway ? your turn

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I am not sure what this means, but if Cobra is going to have his own feature deal, I am hoping he is open to suggestions for topics.

Cobra, I remember a while back you were soliciting money for an organization called ?the Dream Project?, but it was not the Dream Project in Cabarete that has been there since 2002 (I believe you said you had not really heard of the other ?outfit?, but suspected they did good work too). This new Dream Project had a website with pictures of a young girl standing in front of a pallet of food they were going to donate to the poor Dominicans (one was of a girl holding spaghetti noodles in the form of a cross).

You seemed kind-of put off that some people (well me?) would question another organization using the ?Dream Project? brand in the DR (after all, I remember you saying, you were very familiar with the family of this new Dream Project, apparently this girl?s father was an FBI agent in CA or something, and this new Dream Project was an accredited 501C3 non-profit.

At the time I searched the IRS site for this new Dream Project, but couldn?t find it. I gave it the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe it was a recent addition (you know how stale those government websites can be).

The reason I am writing all this is this thread started me wondering about this other Dream Project, so I searched the web, but I couldn?t find anything about this new Dream Project. All that Google would give me was this Cabarete outfit. I then searched the IRS 501c3 site and still didn?t see it there either. As a last resort I searched DR1, and now I can?t even find the thread on DR1 anymore (clearly my searching skills are sub-par).

So, to circle back, if you are open to suggestions, as a future topic, could you provide us with an update as to what this new Dream Project is up to, and a link to their site (and their non-profit credentials)?
Thanks.
Oh ye of little faith:

Operation DREAM

These are my wife's cousins from Los Angeles (Olivo's). Geeorge Olivo is the FBI agent (BTW, they undergo intense financial scrutiny every year as an FBI agent.) Her brother, Raphael Olivo, ia a pastor in Santiago and the point ,man in the DR for the organization.

Here is another cousin that does good works in the DR and other places run by Peter Olivo out of Orlando, a Dominican who lost both legs in Viet Nam:

Hope for the Children International

This is the DR1 thread about their calloborative effort in an orphanage in Haiti that has since disappeared:

One Day in Haiti

You were obviously googling the wrong words. Both charities are alive and well, doing great works for kids in real need. 100% of donations go to direct aid, not a penny for overhead or other expenses. BTW, I wasn't soliciting money. It was YOU that made a huge deal about some legal infringement over name use of a fine organization with a similar moniker in Cabarete.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Oh ye of little faith:

Operation DREAM

These are my wife's cousins from Los Angeles (Olivo's). Geeorge Olivo is the FBI agent (BTW, they undergo intense financial scrutiny every year as an FBI agent.) Her brother, Raphael Olivo, ia a pastor in Santiago and the point ,man in the DR for the organization.

Here is another cousin that does good works in the DR and other places run by Peter Olivo out of Orlando, a Dominican who lost both legs in Viet Nam:

Hope for the Children International

This is the DR1 thread about their calloborative effort in an orphanage in Haiti that has since disappeared:

One Day in Haiti

You were obviously googling the wrong words. Both charities are alive and well, doing great works for kids in real need. 100% of donations go to direct aid, not a penny for overhead or other expenses. BTW, I wasn't soliciting money. It was YOU that made a huge deal about some legal infringement over name use of a fine organization with a similar moniker in Cabarete.
After reading his post I was sure it would get your ass out of bed CB. lol

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Now THAT is the way MEN, real men, handle things...Well done all of you.

Now, as for the OP and his blog on DR1...we are anxiously not waiting for the un-news and the really real stuff...

However, with the NFL strike almost over and the start of NFL training camps, I think that really real men will have their attention directed to other areas (and you girly men in other countries can anxiously await the start of that game where little men run around in shorts and kick a round ball around....)

And River is in Second Division for the first time in its 101 year history!!! Oh the horror!!! Can you imagine the Yankees being demoted to AAA??? That "girly" game has tough rules...you win or you go down and learn to play again....

Just funnin' ...all y' all have a good one, hear???

HB

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Hillbily.How many times,does the FOOT hit the BALL.,In The American FOOTBALL ???
At least twice a game.

Fact is more game-changing plays occur in "special teams" (foot hitting football) than any other aspect of the game.

That funny shaped ball is why...

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Now THAT is the way MEN, real men, handle things...Well done all of you.

Now, as for the OP and his blog on DR1...we are anxiously not waiting for the un-news and the really real stuff...

However, with the NFL strike almost over and the start of NFL training camps, I think that really real men will have their attention directed to other areas (and you girly men in other countries can anxiously await the start of that game where little men run around in shorts and kick a round ball around....)

And River is in Second Division for the first time in its 101 year history!!! Oh the horror!!! Can you imagine the Yankees being demoted to AAA??? That "girly" game has tough rules...you win or you go down and learn to play again....

Just funnin' ...all y' all have a good one, hear???

HB

HB you're not political correct;)