TG 580 / claro problems

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
Does anyone else have a claro-provided Thompson TG 580 wireless router/ DSL modem? Or is anyone else in Santiago experiencing constant disconnect issues from Claro DSL?

I broke my other modem, which was working fine and supposedly this is the only router there is around. It's a total POS and constantly disconnects. It's been 3 months, 20+ calls, 10+ service visits, 3 different modems of the same version and the last thing Claro did was reduce the velocity from 1mb/s (real: 186 kb/s) to something much lower (real: 50kb/s). Of course, that didn't make the problem any better except bring the internet to a crawl. The guy was supposed to show up 3 weeks ago after he changed the speed but has been a no-show.

is this really the only modem they provide? And has anyone else had issues with or without this router? Basically I'm trying to figure out if it's the modem or if it's Claro and if it's Claro if it's a Santiago issue or just a me issue.

The technician said that there was water in the mainframe... I call BS. If it's just a me issue then anyone know a place to buy a decent ADSL modem or am I going to have to import? At this point I'd rather bite a bullet than have to deal much more with Claro.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I have one and it does the job for me, it does not like 24hours without a rest, but I'm online from 6am till around midnight more or less every day without issues. Sure it jumps off occasionally but no more often than any other and especially where I am in campo, it is fine. It is claro the y are terrible, they have been making check calls all week to my landline, well I expect it is them as there is no answer on response.

My closest neighbour has the same model and has no issue either.

Dumbar

Dec 16, 2010
I've bought this new wireless dsl crap from Claro Codetel DR (Thomson TG580 DSL Wireless Router) and suddenly I felt the need to make adjust some configurations on inside (10.0.0.1 stuff) were you can change few parameters according to what you want. It seems like they're blocked everything to get into it, because I've tried a lot of things all around, even reseting it to it's default. All default passwords and usernames. All serials below the modem and all stuff you can imagine, with no success.

Is someone having the same issue with this piece of shyt or did someone finally got into it..??

Any help will be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

its_vix

Jun 12, 2011
Claro issues

Has anyone managed to sort this problem out?

I'm in La Vega and have the same router. It can sometimes crash every few minutes throughout a day. It's driving me mad and affecting my work severely.
Sometimes the red light comes on on the router, other times it doesn't - i just turn it off and on again and it works.

Would another router be better?
We currently can't get signal in any other rooms either which is frustrating since we have a small apartment.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
Has anyone managed to sort this problem out?

I'm in La Vega and have the same router. It can sometimes crash every few minutes throughout a day. It's driving me mad and affecting my work severely.
Sometimes the red light comes on on the router, other times it doesn't - i just turn it off and on again and it works.

Would another router be better?
We currently can't get signal in any other rooms either which is frustrating since we have a small apartment.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Claro has a Huawei modem, idk if it is any better because I had it only 1 month and it broke down and they replaced it w/ the thomson tg580. What I did is I logged into the modem, disabled the wireless, and connected my belkin router via ethernet to the modem. I have not had any more problems with the internet dropping.