So I am getting married.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
This is no spur of the moment sankette thing, I have talked to her daily and visited her every two months for the last four years. I have done my research by having the PI that is on here run a background on her. She has agreed to sign a prenup and I am having a lawyer work on that now. The wedding will be in Santiago at the end of January. Now I need to find a venue and a planner there.
She is from a family that are banana farmers in the mountains between SFM and Nagua. She is an engineering student who runs some machines in a textile factory. My parents have met her and approved of her.

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Congrats...someone correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK there's no such thing as a prenup in The DR...you're married, she gets half.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Well done Trainman, at least if you are one of the ones that has to marry you are doing it the right way ( those that will judge you for hiring a P.I. and so showing signs of no trust are the same ones that would bash you for getting done over and not hiring a P.I. so fkuc em). I didn't get the impression from what I have read of you that you were so confident to beable to make that move just yet, still asking advice n all, not actually spent longer than a couple of weeks stint with her (****, you have a lot to learn, and you will:p) but hey, you only live once and if your stash is protected then enjoy it.
All the best, good luck and have a happy future together!

P.S. if this is a wind up, then well done!:lick:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have to hope for the best and *gulp*, prepare for the worst. He has done some due diligence, which is good. And, like a poster above has said, if his stash is protected, that is good. A civil ceremony should be fairly simple.

However:
1) Machinery operator in free zone = seamstress in a factory
2) Engineering student = maybe part time in some third or fourth rate place
3) Parents have banana farm between SFM and Nagua = probably very small and probably not bananas but maybe they are. That is not know as one of the nation's banana growing areas.

I like this guy, and he is almost Quixote in his search for love and companionship...so go forth young man, go forth.

Blessings, I hope, from

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Why does everyone study Engineering? Does no one want to do anything else??

SHALENA

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
I have to hope for the best and *gulp*, prepare for the worst. He has done some due diligence, which is good. And, like a poster above has said, if his stash is protected, that is good. A civil ceremony should be fairly simple.

However:
1) Machinery operator in free zone = seamstress in a factory
2) Engineering student = maybe part time in some third or fourth rate place
3) Parents have banana farm between SFM and Nagua = probably very small and probably not bananas but maybe they are. That is not know as one of the nation's banana growing areas.

I like this guy, and he is almost Quixote in his search for love and companionship...so go forth young man, go forth.

Blessings, I hope, from

HB
Agreed , the only thing we are missing is the windmills !

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You've done patient due diligence. I give you guys a high probability of success.

Best wishes!

Will she be moving to the states?

VistaMar

Mar 16, 2011
Good Luck! Not all are former classico girls as most believe on here. Those who have gotten burned are the ones who often fall in love with a girl from sosua who happened to be just "visiting some friends" or was their "first time in sosua." From this experience they determine that all dominican women are about one thing.

Some come from very well knit families who dont always have money but maintain their family values. I am sure she is one of them. Again.. Good Luck!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congrats, visiting every two months for 4 years eh? Your calculator must work differently than mine ;)

sush

Mar 9, 2011
Really?

This is no spur of the moment sankette thing, I have talked to her daily and visited her every two months for the last four years. I have done my research by having the PI that is on here run a background on her. She has agreed to sign a prenup and I am having a lawyer work on that now. The wedding will be in Santiago at the end of January. Now I need to find a venue and a planner there.
She is from a family that are banana farmers in the mountains between SFM and Nagua. She is an engineering student who runs some machines in a textile factory. My parents have met her and approved of her.

and what happened to i love her and i want to marry her for who she is.. i trust her and im sure we will have a wonderfull future together...
SO nowdays the base for a good marriage is a prenup and making sure she is not a sanki? background check and all that? really?? all that will guarantee that she will not do anything bad in future? really????

i remember those days when people married because they have many things in common and because they could trust the other person not because they have not sankified anyone in the past ... if you want to marry her marry her protect yourself and what you have because you never know but not because a background check was "clean"....

and I USED TO say to myself.. what a wonderfull world.!:bored::ermm:

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Of course we love each other, I was being proactive in what I was writing in order to head off the inevitable comments. Maria Ironely just got promoted from sewing jeans on a machine to a shift manager for that. She goes to the UASD in Santiago for engineering. I'm not sure exactly what her family grows but I will find out since I am visiting them to "pedir pa' la mano" in the next two weeks. Her family is from a place called Los Memisos where a hydro plant is.
I'm not sure where I am moving yet. This is because I am working on a new career that I will finish being certified for next week. I am going to be a certified airline dispatcher. I know someone here works at the STI airport so maybe they know of any open station chief jobs in the DR or something like that.
I've done research on DR wedding customs already. The only thing I'm not sure about is if there are any rehearsal dinners or wedding showers.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I am surprised the insurance co havent come up with policies for that
...in case she breaks her contract ,he gets paid and vica versa

heck everybody will be covered

Allstate your in good hands ,protects you from mayhem

( no I dont work for them)
Manu

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
SO nowdays the base for a good marriage is a prenup and making sure she is not a sanki? background check and all that? really?? all that will guarantee that she will not do anything bad in future? really????

I knew there would be one, he has done right, anyone marrying a girl after knowing them less than physical year has to do these things.
I seem to remember something about her not wanting to have sex with him unless he bought her a house to live in and committed more, he needs protection of evry kind on this one, or maybe this one is a different one. Genuinely wishing you all the best.

We want to see a photo dude, come on!!!!