Orange vs Delancer Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Does anybody in the Sosua area have Orange wireless Internet? How do you rate it next to Delancer's service, both for speed and price? I want to know if it is worthwhile making the switch to Orange.
Right now I am paying U$52 per month for what is a relatively slow connection.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Without downloading movies, music etc. you will have a hard time to get even to 10 GB. So for email, dr1 etc. it is absolutely enough. It is a "cap" so after reaching the 10 GB / 25 GB it slows down to 384 kb (?) for the rest of that month.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Does anybody in the Sosua area have Orange wireless Internet? How do you rate it next to Delancer's service, both for speed and price? I want to know if it is worthwhile making the switch to Orange.
Right now I am paying U$52 per month for what is a relatively slow connection.

DeLancer will have their own system within a couple of months. (So I've been told) They will no longer have to rely on Claro. If you can, wait untill then. If the service/cost is what I heard, I'll be switching from Claro back to DeLancer.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
DeLancer will have their own system within a couple of months. (So I've been told) They will no longer have to rely on Claro. If you can, wait untill then. If the service/cost is what I heard, I'll be switching from Claro back to DeLancer.

How will it differ from Claro and Orange?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
How will it differ from Claro and Orange?

They will not have to share the highway to the US. They will have their own F/O cable. Right now they have to accept what Claro want to sell them and of course Claro do not want them to be better or faster. That's about to change "What I've been told by DeLancer people" To start, they will offer double the Up and Down for the same price as now. Plus super fast plans at reasonable rates. People will be able to stream live and will have a US Ip address. Let's hope it happens. I for one would drop Claro like a hot potatoe. Claro, like a few other companies in this country, will see their monopoly and over charging days come to an end. Good Luck DeLancer. (Comcast)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Claro, like a few other companies in this country, will see their monopoly and over charging days come to an end. Good Luck DeLancer. (Comcast)

Yes, this would be good for everyone. I hope it comes to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.